Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At the vet with Daisy. *Edit*

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

So My anxiety took over and I decided to make Daisy's vet appointment for today instead of Wednesday and made dh come home early so it could just be her and I.

Oh lordy, i get just as emotional about my pets as i do about dd and so we're here and I was right about Daisy losing a lot of weight so they're gonna take some blood from her today which is good.

But of course I ended up in tears (SO embarrassing. What happened to me?? I used to be a rock) and you know, stuff like that. I hope my puppy is ok and they can get her weight back up! Wish us luck!

Edit

So the vet did bloodwork and everything right then and there and said that everything came back normal! That Daisy is just a healthy, very skinny, great dane. She said that stress and anxiety may be the contributing factor in her weight loss and that we should half and half her food with puppy food and her regular food so we'll see if that works!

I want to hire someone to come to the house mid day while James and I are at work and walk and play with her but I dont want her to get more stressed from having to deal with someone new. So to keep her anxiety down I think I'm gonna book her a doggy spa day. 

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Oh no! Good luck! 2 years ago (almost exactly) my old dog ended up with a dislocated hip and I cried like a baby. He's been gone almost a year now and I still get sad. My dogs are my 4 legged children. Hope they can find what wrong with Daisy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Hope everything goes ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JeepGirl5280
by Kat on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Good luck! 

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Vets are used to people being emotional about their pets! My dad and I both bawled like babies when we went to pick up my dog's body from the vet after she was hit by a car & he couldn't save her.

(This was 8th grade - March 22nd, 1997 actually so 16 years ago yesterday. I still get teary-eyed when I think of it)

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Glad she's healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Glad she is ok

sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hope she gets better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)