Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Just watched..

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 10 Replies
Bridesmaid and it got me thinking that I don't really have a best friend. I didn grow up with someone that was awesome. I've met a couple people in my adult life but sometimes I wonder, who do I have, other then my husband, that would be there at a drop of a hat. We move so much that lasting friendships are tough. Maybe now that we are getting ready to establish our roots, maybe we'll make some lasting friendships.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I don't move a lot and I don't have any friends outside of family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I have that best friend and ironically she wasn't in my wedding. She was supposed to be but I dunno, we had issues during that time, and she didn't want to buy the bridesmaid dress I had picked out and was being super cranky about the whole thing but *shrug* we worked past it, that's what best friends do. 

I tell her I love her with as much conviction as I tell my family I love them because that's what she's become, family. Can't help it, the girl is great!

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I have a friend that if I need anything can call or text. We see each other maybe about once a month. And talk about once a week via text.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I have several good friends, but don't know that I would expect any of them to be there at the drop of a hat.  

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I had a couple good frieds in Wyoming. I still talk to a couple. I had a couple good friends in Texas ad I talk to a couple of them and one or two in Wisconsin but ultimately, very few make time to see me, even if I come to them. My one friend, I always know where to find him but he's more of a dad any way. I just don't tend to keep in touch once we move. Facebook does help though. I just really didn't grow up with a best friend. Bummer. Oh well. I guess I'll have to start now I guess.
Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I don't have any close friends at all other than dh
IBNeaters
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I have moved a lot, so I understand.  Top that with the fact that I'm an introvert, and that makes it especially difficult!  But I have managed to find a few really good friends in many of the locations I've been in.  I'm not one to keep in touch with ldr's, but I manage with a few and I have found a few really good friends where I live now.  You just have to find the right ppl who click with you and who accept you with all your flaws!  

Oh, and that's one of my most favorite movies!!!!  Awesome!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM
My personality is mostly outgoing but I get annoyed easily. I've decided I don't like eating with people. I hate hearing people chew and things. I do have my one friend back home, he would probably do just about anything for me. When we get together sometimes we just sit and enjoy each others company. People are amazed at how much he changes when I'm around. They said he seems happier. He's in his 60's though. He's known my kids since birth. He is like a second dad but I enjoy being around him. I have called him in the wee hours to get directions because I may have been lost. He always gets me home. I have a gps now so he doesn't have to but when I was young and dumb he always got me home.

Quoting IBNeaters:

I have moved a lot, so I understand.  Top that with the fact that I'm an introvert, and that makes it especially difficult!  But I have managed to find a few really good friends in many of the locations I've been in.  I'm not one to keep in touch with ldr's, but I manage with a few and I have found a few really good friends where I live now.  You just have to find the right ppl who click with you and who accept you with all your flaws!  

Oh, and that's one of my most favorite movies!!!!  Awesome!

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I have trouble with friendships. I had a "best friend" growing up but that was only because she chased off anyone else I tried to be friends with. Any of my other friends, she would invent some drama and say they did something to her. She could have other friends, and I could have friends that were also her friends, but I couldn't have friends that she didn't like. She got mad at me for anything & everything, but I never knew what I did wrong. She was really REALLY manipulative, and I got to where I just didn't know how to make any other friends and didn't try.

We are still "friends" but only because she knows too much. She is a shitty friend, but she'd make an even worse enemy.

So I am painfully awkward and constantly afraid of offending someone. Because of bullying in middle school through high school I see others as above or better than me and if they're nice to me then I somehow owe them. I tend to get taken advantage of because of my eagerness to please others. I'm pretty much a mess, haha. But I can keep secrets and I'm totally loyal.

Also, I totally read that last line as "establish our robots".

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I like you ;) and I won't take advantage of you. Miikka isn't really in to friends yet but he likes going places. He even like to go to the park when it warn enough.

Quoting heydooney:

I have trouble with friendships. I had a "best friend" growing up but that was only because she chased off anyone else I tried to be friends with. Any of my other friends, she would invent some drama and say they did something to her. She could have other friends, and I could have friends that were also her friends, but I couldn't have friends that she didn't like. She got mad at me for anything & everything, but I never knew what I did wrong. She was really REALLY manipulative, and I got to where I just didn't know how to make any other friends and didn't try.

We are still "friends" but only because she knows too much. She is a shitty friend, but she'd make an even worse enemy.

So I am painfully awkward and constantly afraid of offending someone. Because of bullying in middle school through high school I see others as above or better than me and if they're nice to me then I somehow owe them. I tend to get taken advantage of because of my eagerness to please others. I'm pretty much a mess, haha. But I can keep secrets and I'm totally loyal.

Also, I totally read that last line as "establish our robots".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN