Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to replicate a restaurant pizza for dinner tonight

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 18 Replies

MEAN MR. MUSTARD - Garlic olive oil sauce, mozzarella, marinated chicken, tender bacon, juicy pineapple and honey dijon swirls.

We really enjoyed it when we got it from the local pizza place. So I'm going to try to make it myself. Minus the pineapple, since we don't have any.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Uh, I'm coming over to YOUR house tonight for dinner! lol

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I hope it turns out OK!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Uh, I'm coming over to YOUR house tonight for dinner! lol

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I would use pesto for the sauce. It's inexpensive (relatively speaking) and easy to apply. I generally bake my chicken. I season it and then use a broiler pan but I don't know how they have theirs marinated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Sounds interesting
SkylarBeth
by Skylar on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
we are coming too, we Will even bring the pineapple and dessert
heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Woohoo, I better make another pizza!

Quoting SkylarBeth:

we are coming too, we Will even bring the pineapple and dessert

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I've never made pesto before, and I don't have the stuff for it! I have garlic oil I made for earaches and never used but it's not the creamy sauce stuff like they use, it's just garlic-infused oil.

Quoting mjimaging:

I would use pesto for the sauce. It's inexpensive (relatively speaking) and easy to apply. I generally bake my chicken. I season it and then use a broiler pan but I don't know how they have theirs marinated.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Oooh that sounds good! 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
We buy our pesto. It's not creamy.

Quoting heydooney:

I've never made pesto before, and I don't have the stuff for it! I have garlic oil I made for earaches and never used but it's not the creamy sauce stuff like they use, it's just garlic-infused oil.

Quoting mjimaging:

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM

It's almost done in this picture. I wish I had waited and gotten a pic of it all done. There were toasty brown spots on the cheese and it just looked so professional!

It was pretty good. Definitely not as good as Pablo's makes it. I needed better sauce, and maybe a little more honey mustard. I put the chicken on top of the sauce, swirled the honey mustard, put on the cheese, and then topped it with the bacon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)