Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

A necklace for ADD/ADHD?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 17 Replies

I came across these and I am really wanting to get one for Tristan to see if it helps, I'm willing to try anything to avoid medicating him! Adelyn wore the amber necklaces when she was teething and it really seemed to help. Has anyone tried these or know someone that has? Would you try them? Have you used the amber necklaces?

This is where I found them at - http://hyenacart.com/stores/inspiredbyfinn/ 

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Which ones are the ADD/ADHD ones?

I would generally trust IBF, I would probably try it for K if it didn't cost too much.

heydooney
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Oh, I found it. I don't know if he would want to wear it, he would say it's too girly.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM

LOL. I'd probably have to convince Tristan to wear it too, but its work a shot.

Quoting heydooney:

Oh, I found it. I don't know if he would want to wear it, he would say it's too girly.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I'd have to do more research. But I liked the amber and I wear amber almost daily.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Claire has an amber necklace and she LOVES it. With her being sick lately I've been putting it on her when she goes to her class while I'm at work, she seems to be feeling better!

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I need another amber necklace for Adelyn. Her clasp broke :( 

Quoting mjimaging:

I'd have to do more research. But I liked the amber and I wear amber almost daily.

lazyd
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Im confused - is the "amber" suppose to soak into the skin and calm a child down??  Or is there a scent that calms a adhd child down?  I think these would break easily?  

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Body Heat
When a teething necklace made of authentic Baltic amber lies against your baby’s skin, his body heat will warm the fossilized resin and allow the release of naturally-occurring succinic acid. When contact between the teething necklace and skin is maintained, succinic acid is absorbed and the healing, pain-relieving properties begin to take effect.

You can read more here if you'd like http://www.amberteethingnecklace.org/how-do-amber-teething-necklaces-work/

Quoting lazyd:

Im confused - is the "amber" suppose to soak into the skin and calm a child down??  Or is there a scent that calms a adhd child down?  I think these would break easily?  

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I don't even know where I got Miikka's but he is rough with that thing. a few beads have broke but not the clasp. For mine, I just made it.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

I need another amber necklace for Adelyn. Her clasp broke :( 

Quoting mjimaging:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lazyd
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Maybe i'll give it a try and use my son as a guinea pig!  LOL!  This is one thing i have never heard of - i've heard of those bracelets with the "metal" in them that are suppose to "restore balance, etc".

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Body Heat
When a teething necklace made of authentic Baltic amber lies against your baby’s skin, his body heat will warm the fossilized resin and allow the release of naturally-occurring succinic acid. When contact between the teething necklace and skin is maintained, succinic acid is absorbed and the healing, pain-relieving properties begin to take effect.

You can read more here if you'd like http://www.amberteethingnecklace.org/how-do-amber-teething-necklaces-work/

Quoting lazyd:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN