Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I've developed...

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
An allergy to strawberries. It started out last week. I started trying to eat fruit smoothies for breakfast. They have Greek yogurt, bananas, strawberries and orange juice. I was fine for the first three days and then man, it went right through me. miserable cramps and runs to the bathroom. They used to har flax seeds. I took those out, no improvement. They also had blackberries, took out, no impeovement. I didn't have smoothies the last two days. I was fine. I had a strawberry shake today, again with the issues. I thought maybe dairy but hot chocolate and cheese don't bother me. The only common denominator is strawberries. My throat got a bit itchy making me caugh. Although that has improved. I'm not going to eat any strawberries for now but I'm not sure if I should do something about this issue. I love strawberries and desserts with strawberries.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Wow! I know I can't have yogurt or orange juice. :-/ I hope you can figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Good idea, sometimes that can happen.

scurnes
by Sara on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
That sucks. Strawberries are good
Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM
yikes
SkylarBeth
by Skylar on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Ive eaten a banana peanut butter 2%, milk smoothie almost every single day of my adult life....so it totally makes sense that my nursing baby...is lactose intolerant...but only to milk lol I hope you figure it all out
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM

If it seems to happen again I would get it allergy tested at a doctor.  Dr. Scott in GJ is good.  Anyway, food allergies can get worse so if you do have it and it gets worse you will want to have an epi pen on hand just in case. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)