Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving/job advice needed please!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 10 Replies
We need to move. It's a long story, but short version is my husband, son and I live in one of my mils properties, but she's having some money issues, which means we need to move. The thing is, in order for us to do so, I need to go back to work. The problem is that I have limited hours because someone needs to be home with my son and we don't have anyone else to watch him. Family can't do it, we don't have friends who could, or the extra cash to pay for child care. Anyway, no one wants to hire me because of my restricted schedule. My Internet search is getting me nowhere. We want to move closer to my husbands job, which is in north denver where all the warehouses and factories are. If anyone might know of a place that might be willing to work with me, I would be forever greatful. If you need more information please ask away.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing, I'm on my phone and my child is using me as a jungle gym. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM

You should try getting a night time job for after your husband gets off work! 

AshleyPie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM
He works graveyard. So he works all night and then comes home and sleeps. The thing is though is that some nights he works 6:00pm-4:00am, and other nights he works 9:00pm-6:00am. So he wakes up at different times during the day. Anywhere between 1:00 and 4:00pm.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

You should try getting a night time job for after your husband gets off work! 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM
that is difficult. I dunno what to tell you. just keep looking
AshleyPie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Yes it is difficult. Lol.

Quoting Babybear89:

that is difficult. I dunno what to tell you. just keep looking
SkylarBeth
by Skylar on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM
What kind of work are you looking for...waitress at Dennys, Walmart, gas station....something that is 24/7
AshleyPie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Yeah anything really. Lol. It would be helpful if we knew where we were moving for sure so that I could narrow my search.

Quoting SkylarBeth:

What kind of work are you looking for...waitress at Dennys, Walmart, gas station....something that is 24/7
SkylarBeth
by Skylar on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM
But if you pick a place with high turn over they might let you transfere or just not care if you quit then you can get another job where you move

Quoting AshleyPie:

Yeah anything really. Lol. It would be helpful if we knew where we were moving for sure so that I could narrow my search.

Quoting SkylarBeth:

AshleyPie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM
That's true.

Quoting SkylarBeth:

But if you pick a place with high turn over they might let you transfere or just not care if you quit then you can get another job where you move

Quoting AshleyPie:

Quoting SkylarBeth:

heydooney
by Danielle on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My friend works at FedEx unloading planes. She goes early in the morning and comes home later in the morning.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Could you look for a job at a daycare or something where you could take him with you maybe?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)