Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

colo springs water restrictions

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 21 Replies
All mamas in the springs educate yourselves if you water your lawns or wanna play in the water. They have stated we are know put on restrictions. Which include only watering your lawn twice a week. I can't copy and paste the link from my phone. But it would suck to get fined when its hard enough to pay bills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by Sara on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That stinks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My kids love playing in water. I forsee more pool trips and fewer sprinkler days this year :/ that itself is going to get pricey!

heydooney
by Danielle on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this

One idea I have seen is get them a bag of ice and put it in a bin outside with sand toys or arctic animal toys. They can play for longer and keep cool without getting soaked or using up a lot of water.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
After reading more it just is annoying me more. Vegetable gardens are included in these water restrictions you can only water them when is your days. Fines start at $100. :-/

Time to find a plan b to grow some things or bran and I need to sit down and decide where to move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Grrr how annoying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BadGoat
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I saw them on the news last night for the Denver area too.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
No good!

Quoting BadGoat:

I saw them on the news last night for the Denver area too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Quoting heydooney:

One idea I have seen is get them a bag of ice and put it in a bin outside with sand toys or arctic animal toys. They can play for longer and keep cool without getting soaked or using up a lot of water.

That's a great idea.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

After reading more it just is annoying me more. Vegetable gardens are included in these water restrictions you can only water them when is your days. Fines start at $100. :-/

Time to find a plan b to grow some things or bran and I need to sit down and decide where to move.

Would that include a container garden?  Like setting up on your porch and using water from in the house to water?  That would waste less water....

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not sure. I am having a hard time finding anything on my phone and when I called I got a lady that was truely clueless. But this is what I was planinng on doing. My avacado plant will spend a lot of time outside but it will be planted in a pot.

I was thinking a window box for some veggies that way I could put it on the banister to our patio it would be out of the way on the patio and not down in the ground for the deer or rabbits to enjoy.

My sister has seeds for.purple and red carrots that I was looming forward to.growing.

Quoting sarahjz:

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Would that include a container garden?  Like setting up on your porch and using water from in the house to water?  That would waste less water....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)