Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Pueblo county

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 20 Replies
What do we know? DH is applying for a job over there. I know it's south of denver.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Nothing here sorrt I live in tge springs
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Its about 35 Ishmael mins south of the springs. The city is growing at a steady rate for both pueblo and pueblo west.

Ask Leah she was living down there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I go shopping in Pueblo all the time, it has a lot more stores than my town. If  I moved there I would want to live in Pueblo West I think. That's about as much as I know.

SkylarBeth
by Skylar on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Its where we go Jalapeno picking :)

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM
They have the chili festival and the state fair. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nessarae114
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM
What do you want to know? I lived in pueblo for 20 years. My parents and sister still love there.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Is it a nice area? We live in grand junction and we like the mountains and scenery and things to do. We like to fish and hike and canoe. I'm a photographer so I love scenic places. I don't like Denver. I need good schools and reasonable costs of living.

Quoting nessarae114:

What do you want to know? I lived in pueblo for 20 years. My parents and sister still love there.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Here's a bump!

nessarae114
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Growing up, I hated it, but now I'm noticing its not as bad, although I would never move back, but that's mostly because of the drama I personally can't seem to escape. I haven't been to grand junction, so I can't say how scenic it is compared to there. Its very flat, the mountains seem pretty far away. However it only takes about 30 mins to get to the mountains. I alwaysloved going to Westcliff and lake deweuse (not sure that's spelt right...) Pueblos river walk is pretty nice. There is God fishing, boating, camping out at the reservoir, as well as a nice swimbeach. Downtown us nice and historic. There is a new kyaac park on the river, and my mom said they made a nice park there as well. Cost of living is really low. I tend to go down there to have work done on my car because my mechanic there can usually do it cheaper even after gas to get there and back than our mechanic here in Denver. Schools I'm not to sure about. I know my sister likes the schools my nephews are in, and its some special program that when they graduate high school, they will have an associates degree. I do know the middle school my older nephew is in is really big on stopping bullying, but my nephew is having a hard time with being bullied, and not much has been done to stop it. But overall likes his school.

Quoting mjimaging:

Is it a nice area? We live in grand junction and we like the mountains and scenery and things to do. We like to fish and hike and canoe. I'm a photographer so I love scenic places. I don't like Denver. I need good schools and reasonable costs of living.

Quoting nessarae114:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

The thing we loved most about Pueblo was it's small town feel in a city atmosphere. Despite it's reputation we never experienced anything but pleasantries down there. There are lots of shops and places to eat, lots of mom and pop run hole in the wall eateries, their indoor playground at the mall is the best out of all the malls in the Springs (because it's actually cleaned and not falling apart like SOME indoor playgrounds *coughchapelhillscough*). 

Plus! Pueblo has the drive in movie theatre where everyone brings their own food and mingles until the movie starts. 

Also Pueblo has a beautiful historic district and the River Walk where they hold the Farmers Markets in the spring and summertime. Pueblo is also home to a lot of local farms that will let you go into the fields with a box (that you pay for) and allow you to pick your own produce. Mauro farms is our favorite for that and we also go there for pumpkin picking in October. 

Pueblo is also the only place near us that shoots off fireworks for 4th of July! Everyone in Pueblo gathers near the historic River Walk and lays on blankets and there are vendors and food and just a really good time before an awesome fireworks show.

The only place I wouldnt want to live in Pueblo is in the neighborhoods near the Steel Mill because they're pretty run down. 

But I'm also not a big fan of Pueblo West because it's underdeveloped and expensive. Try looking at neighborhood outside of Pueblo West, there's a nice neighborhood in the Northern/Pueblo Boulevard area (I once applied at an adorable daycare right there in the neighborhood but then we moved.

We love Pueblo! It's beautiful historically and in an up and coming way. The only reason we moved out of Pueblo was to be nearer to family and friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)