• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A friend in need in the Springs

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
To make this short my ex (sf) is hitting rock bottom. He has no car, no job (his work history isn't great), and know is moving out of his apt into an office!!! I can not allow are son to be there. I guess my two concerns are: 1, afraid he won't be in his child's life 2, he will become homeless. Please any advice is helpful. Thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

hugs  

I hope he gets it together soon.  That must be so hard on all of you.

sallyvm
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
It is for all of us, I have to give him credit he is a wonderful father. I'm thing about suggesting he go to the Dr. For depression but don't know how to bring it up.
Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Dunno maybe look into assistance
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM

That is so tough.  If you have a good relationship still and good communication maybe brining up the depression thing would be a good idea.  Is he on any public assistance like food stamps and such?  If not then maybe he can apply for those until he can get back on his feet.  Hugs to you. 

sallyvm
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Thanks...I'm going to bring him to dhs Friday, maybe he can get med assistants. Does anybody know for help for jobs. He's to old for job corp so I have no clue. Also has anyone in the area heard of Aspen Pointe? Do you think he could benefit from that?
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I'm sorry that your ex is going through that :-( however there are many places he can turn to for help. There are church shelters that take people in, feed and clothe them, and then help them find jobs, maybe he could look into something like that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)