Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

My poor kids are doomed...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 15 Replies

To a lifetime of embarrassment from their big mouth mama :) Remember my rant about Tristan's soccer last week? Well this week he only played TWICE! On the website it says that kids are guaranteed equal playing time and that's not happening. I was pretty pissed (again) so I calmly suggested to the coaches to find a way to give them equal playing time and then the guy coach wanted to argue with me about how much time Tristan's played! So I got a little bitchy back at him, I'm not one to stand down. I won't fight their battles for them when they get older (unless necessary) but right now I'll let it be known if there is a problem. Ok. Vent over. It's a beautiful day isn't it?!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
That sucks that they aren't playing him equally. We always had lines for hockey and one out right after the other. Whichever line was next went. We made sure the kids played equal time. I wasn't about to have a mad parent over that so I made sure. How does tristen feel about the whole thing? I think I'd want my money back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Luckily Tristan is young enough he doesn't really notice. I've thought about getting my money back because it was $50! I had to pay an extra $15 for being "Out of district" but yet we couldn't get on a out of district team so I have to drive 20-30 minutes to his practices. Tristan's coach in the fall made a list of groups and rotated them out so each kid played equally. Tristan still played less because there was times he'd pass up he turn and I was OK with that. But this time he's hustling and playing a lot better and doesn't get played. Now that I've made it known that I have a problem with it we'll see if he plays more next week. If not I'll definetly go to the district and complain. The coaches are volunteers so I didn't want to get to bitchy about it but still.

Quoting mjimaging: 

That sucks that they aren't playing him equally. We always had lines for hockey and one out right after the other. Whichever line was next went. We made sure the kids played equal time. I wasn't about to have a mad parent over that so I made sure. How does tristen feel about the whole thing? I think I'd want my money back.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Man, you tell him Kristina! Don't let those coaches bully you!

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Good for you!

OT- he is SO cute!  Is he missing his two front teeth in that pic?

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM

LOL yeah, he had one pulled a couple of years ago due to a injury and then he got the other one pulled this past February because the dentist wants both teeth to come in at the same time. At one time he was missing all four of his front teeth lol.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Good for you!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM

And thank you! He has his cute moments :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Good for you!

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM

About 10 years ago I used to be a big biotch and those moments come out every now and then lol. I have better control of it now though :)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Maybe so, but sometimes we have to let those old biotch moments out.  

Quoting TristanMitchael:

About 10 years ago I used to be a big biotch and those moments come out every now and then lol. I have better control of it now though :)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

heydooney
by Danielle on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM

You tell them! It so isn't fair that they're not letting him play as much as the others.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
That just sucks that they would be that way at this young age! I hope the coach listens to you and he gets to play more next time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)