Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Help!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
Okay, I am not going to lie, I am not very technologically advanced. I do okay on the computer and I can text and call on my phone but anything more advanced scares me a bit. So, I need help from you ladies. With part of our tax refund check DH told me I could get a laptop. I am so excited because I have never had a laptop and my desk top computer is like 7 years old. Anyway, I asked my BIL who is a computer guy what kind to get and such and he helped me but he also told me to get a 1 TB external hard drive for pictures and such. Both came in. I hooked the external hard drive up to my old computer and it automatically copied a bunch of pictures and music and documents on it. Okay, great. Now how to I see what is on it and how do I get the stuff that is on it onto the new laptop?
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I'm fairly certain you don't need a Terabyte, that's a shit ton of storage. 

...but I'm also not technologically advanced. I know Facebook .....and cafemom.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Yeah, it copied all of my thousands of pictures, my videos, my documents and all of our music and only used up 3% of the storage, lol. Oh well, I already bought it.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM

lol you can store all my pictures too, k? And videos. And all my favorite meme's ...which might be more than my pictures now that I think about it...

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yeah, it copied all of my thousands of pictures, my videos, my documents and all of our music and only used up 3% of the storage, lol. Oh well, I already bought it.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

FIREFOX1336
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM
We just got a couple hp envy laptops from best buy with 1tb of storage to help with speed they had smaller hard drives for less money but we love them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Plug the EHD into your new laptop, open to view files and drag/drop what you want, onto your new laptop.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Great, thanks!
Quoting sarahjz:

Plug the EHD into your new laptop, open to view files and drag/drop what you want, onto your new laptop.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I wouldn't move it o your laptop. Just store it on the external. You can access single files without uploading it all. All those photos will drag your laptop down. Jmo.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of just moving the documents to the laptop for easy access and keeping the pictures on the external drive.
Quoting mjimaging:

I wouldn't move it o your laptop. Just store it on the external. You can access single files without uploading it all. All those photos will drag your laptop down. Jmo.
Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I'm no help
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Oooohh!  Congrats on your new toy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN