Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Ever worked for the family business?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

Have you worked for your family's business or do you currently? How did things end? Did you work for your parents or aunts/uncles? I want to hear your story....then ill share mine with you. (It's a really long story) so I look forward to hearing more bc I could really use some advice.

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Nope never been one
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM

My dad owns his own business, but no, I've never worked for him.  Nor would I.  We would clash just too much.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Nope.  No family business here.

ButtonsMama44
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Has he ever wished that you would work for him? Did he ever wish he could pass it onto you?

Quoting amonkeymom:

My dad owns his own business, but no, I've never worked for him.  Nor would I.  We would clash just too much.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My parents owned their own construction business when I was in HS. I did some work for them but didn't get a actual paycheck, just gas money. The business folded before I graduated though and he started a paint touch up. I did a couple of trips with him but nothing to steady. My uncle wants to retire so he's talking about buying a company that we can run and he can profit off of but we'll see if that ever happens

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

He's never said anything, so I don't think so.  I have 3 brothers and not one of them has ever worked with/for him either.  I think he just prefers to work alone.

Quoting ButtonsMama44:

Has he ever wished that you would work for him? Did he ever wish he could pass it onto you?

Quoting amonkeymom:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I don't think we have a family business lol 

heydooney
by Danielle on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I worked for my mom. She had a licensed in-home daycare for 30 years. I never had a problem, in fact it was the best job ever :)

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM
We have never had a family business but I have some friends that do and they work well together. I know that often isn't the case though.
SpencerMom617
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I worked for my mom at her Amish furniture store... One of the salesman was stilling money and giving away furniture and the business went under... But my dad still has nitrogen company but I would be the only family member that does not work there...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN