Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Anybody else?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
Okay so you all know I have been complaining about my computer forever and that I got a new laptop yesterday, yay! I have been having an issue though on the old computer with CM where when I go to reply to a post or make a post it wasn't showing the little tool bar above it where I could add a picture or things like that. I thought it was the old computer. Now though I am on the laptop and it is doing the same thing. Any ideas?
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Huh, that's weird, the little tool bar that says "Quote" "Add a photo" "Add a video" "Check Spelling" etc etc?

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Yep, that's the one.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

Huh, that's weird, the little tool bar that says "Quote" "Add a photo" "Add a video" "Check Spelling" etc etc?

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Maybe you don't have Rich Text enabled? Or you need a java update?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yep, that's the one.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
So how do I check to see if I have Java on the new computer and how do I check the rich text thing?
Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yep, that's the one.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I'm not too sure. But if you go to the top toolbar and bring up the dropdown menu on the My Other Stuff option there should be a thing you can click on that says Answers and when you get to that page you can post a question and I bet there are some moms out there that will see it and can help better than me lol 

When I got my new laptop everything was the same. It also might depend on what browser you are using! Are you using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

So how do I check to see if I have Java on the new computer and how do I check the rich text thing?
Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yep, that's the one.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I tried it on both Firefox and Explorer and the same thing.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

I'm not too sure. But if you go to the top toolbar and bring up the dropdown menu on the My Other Stuff option there should be a thing you can click on that says Answers and when you get to that page you can post a question and I bet there are some moms out there that will see it and can help better than me lol 

When I got my new laptop everything was the same. It also might depend on what browser you are using! Are you using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yep, that's the one.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Try Google Chrome. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yep, that's the one.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Okay, I have to head out for a bit but I will try when I get back.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

Try Google Chrome. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Yep, that's the one.
Quoting flowerfunleah:

Cafe AmyS
by Amy on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Kathellen,

We are aware of the problem and our Tech Team has been trying to find a solution.  It seems to affect computers with slower Internet connections. 

The Tech Team is working to make improvements which should help.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Amy

Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Now we know
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)