Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Annoyed, bummed, whatever...

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I haven't been te happiest at work. I come in do my job and we all have jobs we are supposed to do. I've had to pay for parking since day one, I knew I was goin to have to but I finally got the parking pass so I dot have to. Anyway, I have a coworker that just makes more work for everyone else. She was hired to close, that was what she was told. This month she got a divorce but they are requiring parenting classes. Ok, fine. Unfortunately with dh's new schedule if I get off at 5:45 I have to make arrangements for DS. This month I have had to close extra probably three times already. This week we had to comp time for a meeting. She didn't have to be at that meeting, early (1 hour before my shift) AND she couldn't close. So I had to stay late, make arrangements and have a long day. If you close you get to park in the lot and not pay. Since she closes every day she parks for free. Except she hasn't been closing every day an she still parks in the lot. I know it seems silly but if I have to pay to park, why shouldn't she have to? I am makig other arrangements so she can go to class and she still parks for free. Plus she flat out doesn't do her job. It makes more work for us and I already har a lot I am required to do. She's lazy and slow and darn it, she pushes my buttons. I am not next to her thankfully and I know she drives everyone else nuts too. They all complain about her. I hope management puts a fire under her butt soon so she starts doing her job. We are already short staffed and it doesn't help when she takes an hour with one customer. She's a bank teller! It shouldn't take that long. I'm frustrated and I was supposed to leave early today but someone called in sick ad this other coworker has class again so I can't leave because she won't be here. Good thing DS has no concept of time. I told him I would get him early today as I was going to make a fund essert and now I'll be lucky toget dinner done in. Timely fashion. T was planned around getting off early. I changed dinner plans because I was getting off early. Ugh...I can wait I make my career change and I have a whole week off next week. Maybe I can come back refreshed and happy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heydooney
by Danielle on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Do the higher-ups know she parks in the lot?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I don't know how they can't. she parks in the stripe part every day. It's really obvious. Another coworker did complain to management about everything regarding the one that bugs me. I hope a resolution is found. I know it's silly but I have paid 80 cents a day for over 5 months. She only has to pay it a handful of days a month.

Quoting heydooney:

Do the higher-ups know she parks in the lot?

scurnes
by Sara on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

that sucks! i hope next week off is relaxing for you

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks. I hope you are able to start the lactation thing soon and not have to deal with it any more.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM

You have to pay to park to go to work? That sucks! And that's really rude of her, I'd be irritated to.

kim8934
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM

how long do the parenting classes last?  mine were twice on a Saturday.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I think today is at least the third one. I don't know how many more. I'd have to look at the schedule.

Quoting kim8934:

how long do the parenting classes last?  mine were twice on a Saturday.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
There are four this month and one was yesterday and again today.

Quoting kim8934:how long do the parenting classes last?  mine were twice on a Saturday.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
She had a split shift today for her class and hen she came back, rather then doing work she sat and filed her nails. I grabbed her work and she commented on my attitude or whatever and I told her I was tired of a few things. She said "if your not happy, why are you still here". I commented back that I was there to do my job. So now she's pissed and I'm sure I'll hear about it. I guess that will open up a clearing of the air and maybe she will start working like she is supposed to. We shall see.
sarahjz
by Sarah on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM

That stinks.  Good thing you start your new career soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)