Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Point and shoot camera

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
What do you have? Any suggestions?

I want to get a small nicer point and shoot to have at all times with the boys. We have been relying on my phone a little much and while it takes decent pics (iPhone) I really want better ones.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I have a Nikon cool pics. I believe its the s 8100. We got it at Costco 2 years ago before beans birthday trip and have never had an issue with it. We did our research and it was the beat deal for the money.

It was the best option for that series of cameras plus I gay a case and card for $10 more than best buy wanted for the second beat camera. If that makes sense. I am very happy with the one we got.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I have a Sony Cybershot.  Love that thing!  I've taken it with me to NYC a few times and get the best pictures from it.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I have a waterproof Pentax and love it! If we go to the pool or lake I don't have to worry about it falling in. If my kid plunks it in the toilet, no big deal. It also takes nice pics and it's pretty durable. It's an older one though and the newer ones have mixed reviews. I believe mine is a 60 something. I can't remember the letters. It's a couple hundred. I also have a waterproof video camera. We use that a lot at the waterparks. It also was just a couple hundred and its a nice camera. Both are cell phone sized.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I'm no help, the only camera I use is on my phone :)

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I have one of those nikon point and shoot cameras and I like it! The one that Ashton Kutcher promotes?

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I have just a basic Canon and it works well.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I'm no help.  I hate my point and shoot and never use it.  On the plus side, I've read that the iPhone takes as good of (or better) pics than a lot of the P&S cameras on the market right now.

heydooney
by Danielle on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Canon PowerShot SD1300IS

My favorite feature is the rechargable battery. Our last camera took FOUR AA's and it ate them so fast!

XnikoX
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I don't own a point and shoot. I personally own a Nikon D90 dslr.

However I second the Nikon CoolPix.  I eventually would like to get a point and shoot for those times when taking my dslr is really inconvenient or if there's a chance of something happening to it. I would personally get a Nikon CoolPix. They're great little cameras and pretty inexpensive.  One of my long time and really close friends does photography (more of a hobby) and she's entered photos in the fair and stuff...and that's what she used. And they were really good photos considering it was a point and shoot. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)