Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Miikka got bit...

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
By the neighbors dog :(. Katherine was playing with their dog, throwing the ball. The dog was being good. Miikka wanted to throw the ball, she brought it back and then attacked him. She left a small bruise and a scratch. She did break the skin and he freaked. She's up to date on her shots an such but he says he doesn't like her. They tried to get him to throw the ball again but he wouldn't leave my lap. Can't blame him. So the pic is on the bak of his leg maybe 6 inches from his butt cheek.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by Sara on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Oh no. Poor kid.
huneebadger
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Poor little guy, how old is he? I was bit by a German Shepherd last night and it hurt like hell. Glad it bit me and not my baby or the neighbours kids that it was playing with.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Oh no!!! Hope he feels better. I was bit by a chow when I was little. Broke the skin on both the top and bottom of my fore arm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Miikka is three. He's been bitten by our dogs but they have never bike the skin. Just scared him because he was tormenting them. This one was unprovoked. She just flipped out. He'll get over it. But he was pretty upset.

Quoting huneebadger:

Poor little guy, how old is he? I was bit by a German Shepherd last night and it hurt like hell. Glad it bit me and not my baby or the neighbours kids that it was playing with.

huneebadger
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM

What did the owner do? I would not have been happy if a dog bit my child!

Quoting mjimaging:

Miikka is three. He's been bitten by our dogs but they have never bike the skin. Just scared him because he was tormenting them. This one was unprovoked. She just flipped out. He'll get over it. But he was pretty upset.

Quoting huneebadger:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Poor kiddo! 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM
They removed her from the situation. We were all sitting outside eating dinner together. I guess they have a "stick" that she knows means business. So they brought her back out and she played with Katherine for a while longer and then they put her back in the house for the night. The "J" said it won't happen again. Se was pissed at her own dog. She promised Miikka it wouldn't happen again. We rarely see them at all but we all decided to eat together tonight.

Quoting huneebadger:

What did the owner do? I would not have been happy if a dog bit my child!

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting huneebadger:

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
He got a bath after it happened and we put some stuff on it. It mostly looks like a bruise. He will be fine and we all know that their dog is not to be around Miikka.
SkylarBeth
by Skylar on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I was mauled by a dog when I eas 19 I dont deal with biting dogs well you are much calmer then I would be
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM
If it had been worse I might have been more upset. I saw it happen and didn't think she even got him but she did. She doesn't seem to be a very good tempered dog. Everyone knows now that if he's out, she needs to be in. He was on my lap when they had her back out but decided that she needed to go back in. She does listen pretty well for them but she for whatever reason decided she didn't like Miikka.

Quoting SkylarBeth:

I was mauled by a dog when I eas 19 I dont deal with biting dogs well you are much calmer then I would be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN