Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hello, I am thinking of maybe starting an in home daycare. Do any of you do this? If you don't, but have a child in day care, how much do you pay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Before starting an in home daycare you'll want to think about getting licensed first. 

Try reading through HERE first about what you need to do to get started.

Kristen.Marie
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I pay $45 a day, and she goes 1 or 2 days a week. That includes all food/drink.
Bertha21
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Thank you! I am definitely going to be liscenced if I start one.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Before starting an in home daycare you'll want to think about getting licensed first. 

Try reading through HERE first about what you need to do to get started.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Miikka goes 4 days a week for $100 and does not include lunch but it does include snacks.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM
The licensing process can take awhile because there are classes to go through and a home inspection and such so I would definitely start there. Where are you located? When I did it in the Denver area about 5 years ago I charged $5 per hour which was on the cheap side then. When I took my kids to daycare for a few months in the Northwestern corner of the state though about 4 years ago it was only $3.25 an hour up here.
Bertha21
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Do you know about how long it will take? I live in Morgan county.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

The licensing process can take awhile because there are classes to go through and a home inspection and such so I would definitely start there. Where are you located? When I did it in the Denver area about 5 years ago I charged $5 per hour which was on the cheap side then. When I took my kids to daycare for a few months in the Northwestern corner of the state though about 4 years ago it was only $3.25 an hour up here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I took two of the four classes at my home and the then other two I had to schedule to take when they were offered. Then there is a whole checklist of stuff you have to have done for your home to pass inspection and you have to get your finger prints done and stuff. I would say it will probably take a few months maybe? Legally in Colorado though you can watch children from one family without being licensed so if you just took kids from one family right away and then worked on getting licensed so you could take more that might help.
Quoting Bertha21:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Bertha21
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I will probably end up doing that. I should probably get started! lol

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I took two of the four classes at my home and the then other two I had to schedule to take when they were offered. Then there is a whole checklist of stuff you have to have done for your home to pass inspection and you have to get your finger prints done and stuff. I would say it will probably take a few months maybe? Legally in Colorado though you can watch children from one family without being licensed so if you just took kids from one family right away and then worked on getting licensed so you could take more that might help.

Quoting Bertha21:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)