Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marathon

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
I've been wondering, what the Colfax Marathon run if for this year? Everytime they have one of these runs I always worked and didn't find out they had the run till the day of the run. One year I would like to join one.

I found out about the run this cause I was walking down Colfax and saw a sign.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SkylarBeth
by Skylar on May. 8, 2013 at 6:54 AM
The Colfax is a wonderful marathon lots of fun. Its a really good starter marathon you run parts of it or the whole thing, you can do the relay team one day, there is also a special program for people that are training and running for weight loss. There are lots of charities involved but the whole point of the race is to help promote healthy living in Urban places. You should check it out. I just pulled out, really thought I was going to be able to do it but my body is having a hard time recovering after the baby, and my doctor doesn't want me to push it (sad day)
ABZ_O
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM
When I do join one year I would like to try to do it all the way, but knowing me I could probably do half. I have a bad right knee, but that never stopped me. I've notice the marathon would cut off between Carr and Garrison and I live right there, so if I did run I could go home, rest and cry like a little, then run back to the beginning of the marathon.

I'm sorry. It's good you tried this year. It's hard to do anything right after giving birth.

Thank you so much for the info.
aprilsalcro
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Never heard of it off to look it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on May. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Don't know what that is
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on May. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I have never done it but I would love to some day.
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

It'll be going on near my house (around the 20th & Garrison area).  I think they're running on Garrison at that point between Colfax & 20th.

ABZ_O
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Yeah I live between Colfax and 20th, not that far from you. I usually catch the end when there are only a small hand full of people or sometimes I just miss it.

Quoting amonkeymom:

It'll be going on near my house (around the 20th & Garrison area).  I think they're running on Garrison at that point between Colfax & 20th.

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Where is it ending this year?  I remember when my ex ran it (the first year) it ended at Colo Mills and that was kind of a pain.

Quoting ABZ_O:

Yeah I live between Colfax and 20th, not that far from you. I usually catch the end when there are only a small hand full of people or sometimes I just miss it.

Quoting amonkeymom:

ABZ_O
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
It look like it's doing the same this year.

www.coloradocolfaxmarathon.org/TOUR2/Marathon.aspx

Quoting amonkeymom:

Where is it ending this year?  I remember when my ex ran it (the first year) it ended at Colo Mills and that was kind of a pain.

Quoting ABZ_O:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)