Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

How the heck do I do this??

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I'm taking this Psychology of Death and Dying class (pretty much the only psych class available at night and the most interesting) and at the beginning of the semester he asked us to write a paragraph about how we feel about the subject of death and dying.

Ok, awesome, and I wrote the paragraph and he praised me on my use of words.

Now he returns those paragraphs last week and tells us to take them, use them, and write about how we feel about death and dying NOW at the end of the semester.

Well.

I feel pretty much the exact same about it. Why? Men, I've thought about my feelings on the subject kind of my whole life (I used to have a lot of anxiety about it as a child and through my teenage years and the only therapy I could give myself was to think about it) and thats just that. But now he wants us to write a FOUR PAGE paper on the bloody subject.

How am I supposed to take that paragraph and turn it into a 4 page paper?

I guess I could just make up some BS about how I see things differently (even though I don't) and make up something about how I feel differently about it. But still. Making things up is hard.

And ....it's kind of due today ....because I'm procrastinator.

big smile mini

by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Just go through and explain that you feel the same that its how you have always felt. But add things that you learned from the class in examples. Explain in deepth that as a child it scared you and why then go on into what you did as a teenager to make yourself more comfortable. Go in to detail with examples if you can remember any. Car accidents or what ever scared you. And then end with how you deal with it all now as a mom.

Good Luckk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I hated that class...but we had to plan our own funeral on a certain budget...morbid but fun

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on May. 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Death used to scare me when I was little, it still does actually. But now it isnt so much the thought of dying but the thought of being dead - like what would happen to my kids? Would they remember me? How would they cope because we're together 24/7 and then I'd just be gone. So, that's my 2 cents, I don't know if I could write a 4 page paper on it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Amy on May. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  I'd just go into more depth than you did in your paragraph.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Just go through and explain that you feel the same that its how you have always felt. But add things that you learned from the class in examples. Explain in deepth that as a child it scared you and why then go on into what you did as a teenager to make yourself more comfortable. Go in to detail with examples if you can remember any. Car accidents or what ever scared you. And then end with how you deal with it all now as a mom.

Good Luckk

sarahjz
by Sarah on May. 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I agree with the others.  Flesh out the original statement.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM

This is actually harder than I thought it would be. I had no idea, before writing this stupid paper, how improperly I grieved when my own father passed. My whole perception of death has to do with harboring feelings in the wake of putting on the show that everything is fine and no big deal. Which of course it wasn't at the time but really I had a hard choice to make.

God I hate it when my teachers are right.

I kind of need a hug now :-(

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Good Luckk

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM
HHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGSSSSSSSS :-)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

This is actually harder than I thought it would be. I had no idea, before writing this stupid paper, how improperly I grieved when my own father passed. My whole perception of death has to do with harboring feelings in the wake of putting on the show that everything is fine and no big deal. Which of course it wasn't at the time but really I had a hard choice to make.

God I hate it when my teachers are right.

I kind of need a hug now :-(

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Good Luckk

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle on May. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM

*hugs* how did it go?

scurnes
by Sara on May. 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Wow that's not something I want to have to do. I am glad to be out of school. Hope it went well.
Kermitthemom23
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM
This

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Good Luckk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN