Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

my stomach hurts

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
I know we need the rain and I know how important it is. However my tummy has been in knots all day. Mainly because a tiny amount of rain and add up quickly and the chance for run off gets higher. My best friends mom got sand bags to keep in front of the window wells invade they get debris. She also lives right next to the water way and they were advised to he ready to get to higher ground at any moment. Waldo burn scar can get between 3-5 in of rain from now till Friday. :-/

I am not going to rest well till the rain is gone. I am just outside of the flood zone but I am truely scared as to what could happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Good luck. We have had consistent rain all week. It seems to have stopped for now though.
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM
We had some rain today but it fell lightly. About 1/10 an in/hour. So it soaked in a little. More storms tonight through sat. Hard to say what will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on May. 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I hope it comes just slow and steady so it doesn't build up to flooding for you all.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM
They know its going to happen just not sure when. Its just scary. I know its better than a high danger fire season but a flood that could trigger a mud slide and lots of debris scares me.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I hope it comes just slow and steady so it doesn't build up to flooding for you all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on May. 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I didn't even think about the flooding. Hope it all soaks in and you guys have no flooding.
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Most people haven't. They have been doing meetings and the news has been pressing the fact that is could be really bad.

Quoting scurnes:

I didn't even think about the flooding. Hope it all soaks in and you guys have no flooding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on May. 9, 2013 at 2:21 AM
I hope it doesn't flood that area, that would be awful :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM
So true!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on May. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My BIL is working in the burn area and had to get off early yesterday because of the snow/rain moisture.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

So true!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM
They had more heavy rain in Ute pass than this side of the mountain so it wasn't too bad. Today woodland park cancelled school due to snow and manitou had a delayed start. :-/ the new anchor said even at lower speeds he almost hydroplaned this morning. Glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

My BIL is working in the burn area and had to get off early yesterday because of the snow/rain moisture.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

So true!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN