Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms
I know we need the rain and I know how important it is. However my tummy has been in knots all day. Mainly because a tiny amount of rain and add up quickly and the chance for run off gets higher. My best friends mom got sand bags to keep in front of the window wells invade they get debris. She also lives right next to the water way and they were advised to he ready to get to higher ground at any moment. Waldo burn scar can get between 3-5 in of rain from now till Friday. :-/

I am not going to rest well till the rain is gone. I am just outside of the flood zone but I am truely scared as to what could happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Replies (11-18):
sarahjz
by Sarah on May. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Hmmm....that is stress inducing.  :(

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Yes a little too much

Quoting sarahjz:

Hmmm....that is stress inducing.  :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on May. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I always forget how bad it'll be in the burn areas during the rainy seasons.  I'd have a knotted up stomach too if I were expecting the flooding and mudslides.  Hang in there.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM
There was another rock slide in Ute pass this morning. That's 2 in the last week and a half. No fun!

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

I always forget how bad it'll be in the burn areas during the rainy seasons.  I'd have a knotted up stomach too if I were expecting the flooding and mudslides.  Hang in there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on May. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Crossing my fingers for you
rocky_mtn_mama
by Amy on May. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That's scary!  Stay safe.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

There was another rock slide in Ute pass this morning. That's 2 in the last week and a half. No fun!

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM

The moisture is good for us though! I heard the Red Cross was giving away free sand bags.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
They have been giving away sand bags for a while. But if the debris comes down a sand bag will not stop it. Yes they help the mud and ash from going into the basement. But what I'd going to stop the logs and boulders?

Quoting flowerfunleah:

The moisture is good for us though! I heard the Red Cross was giving away free sand bags.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)