Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

What do you think?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

I seen this on KKTV 11 news facebook today.  

"A 7-month pregnant woman from Colorado was on a flight that had to make a rapid descent. She says the ordeal sent her to the hospital. The plane did land safely. She wanted a full refund from the airlines, which she eventually received. Now, she also wants the airlines to pay for her medical bills not covered by insurance."

What are your thoughts?

by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on May. 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I think she's lucky she even got a refund. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on May. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

She knew she was pregnant and she still chose to fly knowing there was always the possibility the plane would have to make a rapid decent or something like that.  I don't think she should even have gotten a refund and most definitely she shouldn't have gotten her medical bills covered.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on May. 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I wonder what kind of insurance she has that won't cover the cost of care

Quoting countrygirlkat:

She knew she was pregnant and she still chose to fly knowing there was always the possibility the plane would have to make a rapid decent or something like that.  I don't think she should even have gotten a refund and most definitely she shouldn't have gotten her medical bills covered.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on May. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
She is expecting too much. She knew the risks of getting on a plane that pregnant.
heydooney
by Danielle on May. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM

This! Does nobody take responsibility for their own decisions anymore?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on May. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
We live in a society that is getting more and more entitled it seems.
Quoting heydooney:

This! Does nobody take responsibility for their own decisions anymore?

Quoting countrygirlkat:

sarahjz
by Sarah on May. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I completely agree with this ↑

flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Sounds like a girl looking to get something.

ProudMommy51006
by Ashlea on May. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Some people! She knew the risks getting on that flight. Seriously

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM
That sounds rediculous. Things happen. If they had to make a rapid decent to keep everyone safe, then it was necessary. It's not their fault she's pregnant. It was her decision.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN