Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What cell phone provider do you have?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have At&t, but not by choice exactly.

I have had the same phone # for over 8 years! When I first got this number it was Cell One, and then it got sold to Alltel, and over 2 years ago AT&T bought out Alltel. And I am really starting to dislike AT&T - A LOT. OK, I've disliked them from the get go. We have a large bill because I have 4 smart phones and a wireless internet bundled so we always split the bill two payments. They would always give us he when it first switched over because we were "new" customers, which we would yell at them and tell them to check their records because we have had the same service for 6 years (at the time). Anyways, I just went to upgrade my phone and I can't because I have a past due balance - by 3 days! I am just so fed up with them. There are so many other issues too so I'm thinking about switching to a different provider. But I'm wondering if there is a "better" company or are they all the same? And I'm hoping to keep my current phone number.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM
We have at&t. Have for many years. (I've had the same number for 9years.) Never had issues. When I had to replace my phone due to an ocean incident no issues! When I moved to an area where my phone would not sort no issues free upgrade!. Then I moved over to brans plan. He makes sure he gets what he wants out of the company. This past august I got a new smartphone. 5gb plan and all was great till last week when they (at&t) moved my data to 3gb. No real reason. They told bran it was because when we signed up it was a limited trial for the 5gb. Did no fly with bran it is may! I could understand if they pulled that in Nov or Dec. But may really?!?!

We won't change. Verizon would cost us more. And sprint is limited in our neighborhood. We looked into the smaller brands through Walmart but we would get screwed in fees.

Bran has unlimited data cuz he's grandfathered in. Our bill is decent compared to a lot of people's. There are 3 smart phones on the bill for $150 a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on May. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Wow, I have had nothing but problems :( Also, my dad works in Cripple Creek and he can't use the internet there because there is no service for AT&T its on a borrowed tower or something like that. But Verizon works up there. I was looking at Verizon and I think they are a little more.

Totally jealous of your bill too!!! My phone is the main phone and I think its around 115-120 and each smart phone after that is $50!  

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

We have at&t. Have for many years. (I've had the same number for 9years.) Never had issues. When I had to replace my phone due to an ocean incident no issues! When I moved to an area where my phone would not sort no issues free upgrade!. Then I moved over to brans plan. He makes sure he gets what he wants out of the company. This past august I got a new smartphone. 5gb plan and all was great till last week when they (at&t) moved my data to 3gb. No real reason. They told bran it was because when we signed up it was a limited trial for the 5gb. Did no fly with bran it is may! I could understand if they pulled that in Nov or Dec. But may really?!?!

We won't change. Verizon would cost us more. And sprint is limited in our neighborhood. We looked into the smaller brands through Walmart but we would get screwed in fees.

Bran has unlimited data cuz he's grandfathered in. Our bill is decent compared to a lot of people's. There are 3 smart phones on the bill for $150 a month.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I have T-mobile, have had it for years and years.  No real complaints, plus they just did away with contracts.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on May. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
We have a small one who is out of Wyoming called Union Wireless because they are the only ones who have service where we live. We used to have Verizon and they were okay but we had to argue with them a few times too.
flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Thats exactly why we stopped using AT&T. Just recently we switched over to Sprint and so far they're pretty good! We ported over our phone numbers so they gave us $100 off the phones and we get 20% off of our bill because they're affliated with Dh's work.

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Verizon but our bill seems high. We have one smart phone and a regular phone. Our bill is around $160.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on May. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I didn't even think of Sprint! I wonder how the service is in Cripple Creek though. My dad can't use the internet on our AT&T phones because there isn't a At&t tower there

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Thats exactly why we stopped using AT&T. Just recently we switched over to Sprint and so far they're pretty good! We ported over our phone numbers so they gave us $100 off the phones and we get 20% off of our bill because they're affliated with Dh's work.

SkylarBeth
by Skylar on May. 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I have verizon, they are okay...but the bill is high and i hate that. I cant wait to go back to smart talk from walmart
Larsbug
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I have T-Mobile and we LOATHE them...we are getting the $600 together to cancel their asses and find someone better. I have to call them EVERY MONTH for a new charge on the bill or something they are trying to get away with. My FIL works for Verizon (if you have issues with anything network wise he's the head IT guy for CO to fix it) and we may be looking into them. Maybe even just going Cricket (no contract AND cheaper)

jakana2369
by Wendi on May. 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM
We have t-mobile. We like them. Had sprint for a long time and had one problem after another.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)