Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A bit concerned **update**

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 30 Replies
***So, the caseworker called and said the kids passed for Medicaid but that DH and I didn't. That really is the best case scenario for a less then desirable outcome. The kids were my main concern. Plus, once I'm pregnant ill be covered again. DH has an interested rancher in him right now and he offers benefits so that would be awesome if he got that job. I would be leaving the valley though. They are in the very first stages of talking though. DS can get his teeth done now, whew. He also needs a physical. So it's better then I expected. **

Does anyone know the options for medical insurance? We can't afford what my work offers, it's over $600 a month. Our rent is $750. They are denying our Medicaid after decertification because they say we make too much. My kids need insurance. It would be nice for us to have insurance too. DH bumped to full time at the beginning of te year but he only makes $9 an hour. When we get done with bills and food, we don't even have enough for gas for work. We somewhat float bill money to make it work. What are the options in Colorado. The kids qualify for the chp+ or whatever it is...I think. I have to call our worker on Monday. I didn't get the paperwork till today after they closed. Miikka has to have dental work done and we can't pay it out of pocket. Thoughts.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by Sara on May. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
They totally should qualify for chp+. Joshua was on that till we had Alex. Now both boys are on medicaid right now till we can get something else worked out.
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on May. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM
The kids should be able to qualify for chp+ we are in the same boat at the moment bran now makes to much for Medicaid and chp+ so we need to find something that will cover him and me and not screw us over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 31, 2013 at 11:32 PM
That's the other weird part is that it said DH and I were denied but it didn't say anything about the kids. For all I know they are still on Medicaid but I don't know. When I called the last time, it took two weeks to get an answer.

Quoting scurnes:

They totally should qualify for chp+. Joshua was on that till we had Alex. Now both boys are on medicaid right now till we can get something else worked out.

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I'm hoping. The kids at minimum need insurance. We really don't get sick. But we shall see I suppose. We can't get on work benefits, enrollment is over but it was so expensive.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

The kids should be able to qualify for chp+ we are in the same boat at the moment bran now makes to much for Medicaid and chp+ so we need to find something that will cover him and me and not screw us over.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on May. 31, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I would look into the CHP+ for the kids at least because the income restrictions on that aren't as severe as some others. It will take awhile to hear back if I remember right though(we applied for it many years back but didn't receive it). As for your DH and yourself you may just have to hope you don't get sick or need it for a pregnancy or anything until you are able to make more unfortunately. As far as I know most un-work related insurance will probably be close to what you would have to pay for the work one. I could be wrong though.
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 31, 2013 at 11:58 PM
If I were pregnant I'd be covered. The income restrictions are above for pregnancy and kids. I thought they took into account the rent and utilities and daycare. We would have been really close with those things taken in to consideration. With where we are now. I hope we find out about the kids quicker because DS needs his teeth capped.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I would look into the CHP+ for the kids at least because the income restrictions on that aren't as severe as some others. It will take awhile to hear back if I remember right though(we applied for it many years back but didn't receive it). As for your DH and yourself you may just have to hope you don't get sick or need it for a pregnancy or anything until you are able to make more unfortunately. As far as I know most un-work related insurance will probably be close to what you would have to pay for the work one. I could be wrong though.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
That is good that they would cover you when pregnant. It has been so long ago that I can't remember everything they took into account but I think it was a pain of a process, lol. I hope you find out quick!
Quoting mjimaging:

If I were pregnant I'd be covered. The income restrictions are above for pregnancy and kids. I thought they took into account the rent and utilities and daycare. We would have been really close with those things taken in to consideration. With where we are now. I hope we find out about the kids quicker because DS needs his teeth capped.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

scurnes
by Sara on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Chp+ doesn't cover much for dental at all but Medicaid does. It's a pain in the butt

Quoting mjimaging:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

scurnes
by Sara on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Call again and see if you can talk to a different person. Communication there sucks.

Quoting mjimaging:

That's the other weird part is that it said DH and I were denied but it didn't say anything about the kids. For all I know they are still on Medicaid but I don't know. When I called the last time, it took two weeks to get an answer.

Quoting scurnes:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

We have this problem as well and a lady at memorial hospital north suggested filing for CICP.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)