Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brighton

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 25 Replies

Only 26% of homes are rented in Brighton, 70% are owned. Therefore, rentals go FAST. And I can't find anything. And the kids are going crazy holed up in this nice, but SMALL, hotel room. So it never fails when I get on the phone, someone starts crying. And everything's SO much more expensive here. And I don't know our budget for sure. What if I get us something and we can't afford it in the long run?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Westminster and arvada aren't THAT far from Brighton, even Northglenn...have you tried there?
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM

How long do you have to find a place?

heydooney
by Danielle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Our hotel is booked through the end of the month, but we were *supposed* to get 30 days. So that's stressing me out too. DH is supposed to ask about that at work but I doubt he'll remember.

Quoting TristanMitchael:

How long do you have to find a place?

heydooney
by Danielle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

We are looking everywhere around there too.

Quoting Larsbug:

Westminster and arvada aren't THAT far from Brighton, even Northglenn...have you tried there?

heydooney
by Danielle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM

The first day we were here we just drove around this area DH's favorite waitress said was good and found THE PERFECT house, looked it up online, 4 bedrooms, beautiful kitchen, good price. I called and found out there was an application pending on it already.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Look in Thornton also. Its so hard we had the same issues when we were looking. Also Greeley is still close so maybe you.can find something up there. Its soo hard. Have you talked toa realitor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

UGHHH so the rentals by actual people (not agencies) on CL they all schedule ONE showing/open house and choose from everybody who shows up. We have cats, we will never be chosen above others, lol!

Remax never called me back (grrr!) and other realtors just go to voicemail and never call back. DH got a recommendation on one and when I called them they have TWO available and neither accepts pets.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Look in Thornton also. Its so hard we had the same issues when we were looking. Also Greeley is still close so maybe you.can find something up there. Its soo hard. Have you talked toa realitor

heydooney
by Danielle on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

There was one agency in Grand Junction that made you pay $$$ to be pre-approved and THEN they showed you houses. BUT they never gave up and would stick with you until they found you a house. We thought that was stupid, because there are so many agencies and rentals available there. If only I could find something like that here. I feel like there is no safety net!

sarahjz
by Sarah on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM

:/

Hopefully  you will be able to find something that works for you!

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I hope you find something soon.  I know it isn't ideal but if you found an apartment that would accept pets and signed a month to month lease or a  month lease or something it may give you time to look for a house but still have a place to live.  It is definitely more expensive down in the Denver area then the GJ area for sure.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)