• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starbucks annoys me...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 16 Replies
So I have three locations I go to. I dot go often, it's not really in the budget and it's hot outside. But two of the locations I can't go to when I have DS. They are out of the way when I have to go to daycare. So there is the third. This third one charges the most of any of them. I get the exact same thing at every location and price varies from $3.40 to $4.04 today. That's a big difference. I mentioned that that is the most I've ever been charged and she acts like she doesn't know how it could be cheaper. To top it off today, they overfilled the cup and hands it to me with hot chocolate dripping down the side and on my hand. I had to ask for a napkin to clean it off. That Gould have been common sense! She knew it was dripping. I think that location will get scratched for where I'll go. I already don't go to a fourth one because the lady that works there was hacking on the cups the one day.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM
All stores set their prices depending in the neighborhood. If its a more expensive.neighborhood the prices increase by just a.couple cents. Its the worst at walmarts also. I worked at ace and even though they are franchised out the owner I worked for had 3 and was.building a 4th. Depending on which store you went to the prices.changed slightly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahjz
by Sarah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Yuck, that sounds like bad customer service.

sarahjz
by Sarah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

All stores set their prices depending in the neighborhood. If its a more expensive.neighborhood the prices increase by just a.couple cents. Its the worst at walmarts also. I worked at ace and even though they are franchised out the owner I worked for had 3 and was.building a 4th. Depending on which store you went to the prices.changed slightly.

Hmmm...I did not know this.  I just figured the difference was due to different tax rates.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM

This is why we love Dutch Bros. As far as I know they're only in Oregon and Colorado Springs but their prices are the same wherever they go, you order to a PERSON and not a box, and after awhile they know you by name and talk to you while they make your coffee, I like that and have only seen one other coffee place do something similar (Wesley Owens in Monument). We still GO to Starbucks if there isn't a Dutch Bros. around but I like the personality of Dutch Bros.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM
That can also be if you go to ones in different cities. Like Denver and.surrounding areas would really differ. We have 5 walmarts in the Colorado springs city limits and each one has different prices for a lot of the same items.
The Starbucks right up the street and the next closes one have the same prices the ones downtown the prices are a little higher. 6-7 cents.

Quoting sarahjz:

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Hmmm...I did not know this.  I just figured the difference was due to different tax rates.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

it depends on the neighborhood and if it's free standing or not...there is one very close to us and and it charges the same amount as another free standing one near our Target. The one IN Target though charges $2 less for everything than the other ones

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I have only ever been a few times ever so I had no idea prices were different in different places.  Interesting.

heydooney
by Danielle on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Sonic is that way too. There are three Sonics in GJ and they all charge different prices. The one on North has been the most expensive.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I don't go to Starbucks so I wouldn't know :)
paulaba
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
That's why I stick with Human Bean
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)