Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why, why, why?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm working on getting my kids registered for school in the new district... they want SO much information...

For my high school junior they want her TCAP/CSAP test results, last report card, transcript and she may need to take the accuplacer test as well.

For my middle schooler they want a bunch of check in forms and then he needs to attend a summer orientation session (which I also need to attend) and do MAPS testing as well for placement.  Of course, they have certain dates/times these are being given and I'm scheduled to work all of these dates during the specific times.  

Talk about jumping through hoops!

If I start thinking about selling my house and moving again any time in the next 6 years, remind me how much I do NOT want to do that!  lol

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scurnes
by Sara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Switching schools is such a pain
Larsbug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

what school district?

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM
It really is a.pain. try changing states with 4 in 3 schools. My poor mom was ready to strangle all 3 principles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Cherry Creek

Quoting Larsbug:

what school district?

Larsbug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Quoting amonkeymom:

Cherry Creek

Quoting Larsbug:

what school district?

LMAO I figured, that's why I asked :0) all that work is for a good reason though...one of the best school districts, they want to make sure they are on track for everything.
heydooney
by Danielle on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be so frustrating! We just moved and K gets to go to the same school because it's online.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Oh, I know... it's just a pain in the butt... we already went down to admissions to get them signed up in the district, now all that online stuff, print a bunch more paperwork, get transcript and copy of last report card (it's no longer online for jeffco), then registration, testing, fees... it's just a lot to do and my time is valuable.  lol

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Cherry Creek

Quoting Larsbug:

what school district?

LMAO I figured, that's why I asked :0) all that work is for a good reason though...one of the best school districts, they want to make sure they are on track for everything.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Such a lot of info!  We are lucky that ours are still elementary so all we have to do is have the old school send records to the new one and we are good.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Yikes! Registration for Tristan is the 13-15.
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Noted! Remember, you do NOT want to sell your house OR move in the next 6 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)