Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Moms Colorado Moms

Well, I quit my job and...

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

...I actually made it through my two weeks notice!

And let me tell you, they made it a pretty darn hard two weeks. I quit because I was being bullied pretty badly in the workplace and I already have pretty high anxiety and my nerves were on fire every single day, I was having anxiety attacks getting INTO work and then driving home from work because I had to think about the next day of going to work.

It got to a point where I was making up excuses not to go into work just so I wouldn't have to think about it. 

And you know, once you reach that point it's pretty obvious that its time to quit. 

Why didn't I talk to my bosses? I did, actually, but it doesn't help when one of your bosses IS the bully (she's identified as the Authoritative Bully) and both of my bosses were in some pretty big denial. I told them the problem, I told them my issues, and they told me that it was basically my fault I was being treated the way I was by those few employee's (that I identified as the underminer bully and the passive aggressive bully, yeah, I was bullied in school so I know how to point one out) and that I was just thinking they were treating me badly and they couldn't possibly be. 

Yeah, ok.

So it was the next day that I put my two weeks notice in.

They can have their own dramas and problems and still wonder (after being directly told by not just me but a few other ladies) why their employee moral is so low *rolls eyes*. 

So I now I have lots of time to devote to my beloved cafemom! 

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM

It sounds like you did the right thing for you!  Good for you for standing up and not letting it continue.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Oh sweetie! No good! Glad you quit but I'm sorry you had to deal with that all. I have some free time!! We can hangout!.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Ever time I think about getting a job I hear about others work problems and I'm like "never mind". I have a low tolerance for bullshit and I couldn't put up with it. Glad you got out of that situation!
AromaDrops33
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM
So sorry! I went through that before and its the WORST feeling. Hopefully quitting will be a blessing for you. No one should be treated like crap at work. That's why I decided to do direct sales at home. Good luck!
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM

While I am so sad that you have been going through that and it is all kinds of wrong, I am glad you were able to quit!  That totally stinks.  Are you going to look for something else or go back to being a SAHM?  It will be great to see you more!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I decided that while I was glad for the education Claire was getting, I was more concerned about the lives we were leading that my job had been asking me to put behind us. When Daisy died the other week they still insisted that I come into work, claiming that they had been through the same thing but had gotten over it quickly and so would I.

Another reason to quit.

So I realized that staying home with Claire while she's this young is much more important. Bonus is that I get to help a friend by watching his child (and Claire's best friend) for less money than he's paying at the daycare his kid is at (and leaving soon) so it all works out! 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

While I am so sad that you have been going through that and it is all kinds of wrong, I am glad you were able to quit!  That totally stinks.  Are you going to look for something else or go back to being a SAHM?  It will be great to see you more!

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That is great that you will still be able to get some income but be able to be home.  I hated when I had to work for 5 months with the kids in daycare and I love being a SAHM so I hear you!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I decided that while I was glad for the education Claire was getting, I was more concerned about the lives we were leading that my job had been asking me to put behind us. When Daisy died the other week they still insisted that I come into work, claiming that they had been through the same thing but had gotten over it quickly and so would I.

Another reason to quit.

So I realized that staying home with Claire while she's this young is much more important. Bonus is that I get to help a friend by watching his child (and Claire's best friend) for less money than he's paying at the daycare his kid is at (and leaving soon) so it all works out! 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

jessifromdenver
by Jessica on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Good for you! My mom recently quit a job where she was being bullied by her managers. She's actually suing the company now! And it's looking really good for her case. Companies think they can get away with anything.
Emma7-11-09
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Oh my goodness!! So glad you were able to get out of there! Dealing with that is the worst! Life is to short to deal with unhappy people who feel like they can make themselves feel better by belittling others! :( You are better than that! Good luck on your new adventures! :)

scurnes
by Sara on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Glad you were able to get out of that situation. That sucks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)