Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschools and a waiting list

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
Everyone is telling me I need to go ahead and get my 9 month old baby on the waiting list for my choice preschool and elementary school. Seriously?? How do I even go about this and is it truly necessary?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

To me that sounds crazy.  Where do you live?  Maybe it is because I live in small towns always but I have never had issues with signing my kids up for preschool right before they were going to start. 

larissalarie
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
It's nothing I've done and I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGreenMonkey
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I live in lakewood and am looking at having my baby going to dennison and d'evlyn when she's old enough.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

To me that sounds crazy.  Where do you live?  Maybe it is because I live in small towns always but I have never had issues with signing my kids up for preschool right before they were going to start. 

Emma7-11-09
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I do know there are a few charter and private schools in the Springs area that have a long wait list talking a couple of years. I would contact the school or schools you are interested in and talk to them first to see if there is indeed a waiting list. :)

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Are Dennison/D'Evelyn in your home school area or will you need to apply for her to attend?  

I have a friend who's daughter attended these schools (it's not her homeschool so she had to apply and wait for an opening when she started at Dennison in 4th grade, prior to that she attended Lasley).  But, her daughter did not apply to preschool at such an early age and in fact, in Colorado I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

Quoting LilGreenMonkey:

I live in lakewood and am looking at having my baby going to dennison and d'evlyn when she's old enough.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

vegepunkstr
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I didn't put my kids on a waiting list but it might be a good idea to look into them a little bit before you plan on your baby in school. At 9 months it is way too early in my opinion.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

LilGreenMonkey
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Haha, ok thanks guys!! I knew it sounded crazy just thought I would get some other opinions :-)
Larsbug
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

that's insane.... my oldest son started "playschool" at the age of 2, we signed him up at 18 months and there was no problem. We aren't religious but he does go to a church which follows Cherry Creek School District guidelines and he LOVES it! It's much cheaper (in my experience) to go that route.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I suppose it depends on the preschool or elementary school that you're looking at. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Depends on the school. On one of the charter school applications in the cherry creek district it clearly states child must be born before applying. The bilingual school we are looking at for our kids currently has a 2 year wait list
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)