Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Name You Chose

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 605 Total Views

Was there a specific reason you named your pet the name you chose?  

Willow got her name because my oldest dd had one of those dog games for her DS and she named the puppy on it Willow and it looked just like a yellow lab and for weeks she would call this "dog" on her game and it just stuck in my head..  So when I saw the ad in the paper for free Yellow Lab pups, I knew we had already found what we wanted and the name was a done deal.

For Lilly, it was more premeditated.  I knew I wanted a black lab and I knew her name was going to be Lilly.  I spelled it that way because Willow has 2 'l's' and I'm so anal about that sort of thing.  And also because lilies are my favorite flower.  

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arigdon4
by Group Owner on Aug. 13, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Gypsy was a stray. I started calling her a Gypsy while we were still looking for her owner...it stuck.

Gyzmo is because she peed the bed like the 2nd night we had her...it became a running joke "don't feed it after midnight."

momma-flynn
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
In high school we knew two guys who had fake IDs. One was Pepper Lee Tweeter & the other was Rusty Nail. That's how our dogs got their names. We thought they were funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Our Chihuahua is named Amigo because he's a breed from Mexico and he's my little friend.  Trixie was already named when we got her.

sithmama
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We are huge Harry Potter fans so when it came time to name our dog, character names just popped up. I always liked the character of Luna Lovegood and when I suggested Luna, it seemed perfect. We love explaining to people where she got her name. 

kzuehlk
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM
We only named one of our dogs - Marshmellow. We spelled it with an "e" instead because she is such a laid back baby. We call her Mello for short. The baby calls her Mar-Marsh. We got her from a woman who claimed to run a rescue. We found her running loose and when I contacted the woman, she said "I don't want anything to do with her. Take her to the pound, shoot her, I don't care." She didn't give us a name.

The others all came from abusive homes too. They were older, so we kept their names -Gemma, Leelah, Snowey, and Knightly. All 5 of them are purebred huskies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3PinkRibbons
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Quoting kzuehlk:

We only named one of our dogs - Marshmellow. We spelled it with an "e" instead because she is such a laid back baby. We call her Mello for short. The baby calls her Mar-Marsh. We got her from a woman who claimed to run a rescue. We found her running loose and when I contacted the woman, she said "I don't want anything to do with her. Take her to the pound, shoot her, I don't care." She didn't give us a name.

The others all came from abusive homes too. They were older, so we kept their names -Gemma, Leelah, Snowey, and Knightly. All 5 of them are purebred huskies

I cannot imagine the amount of hair you pick up every week!!!  Loove their names! 

kzuehlk
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM
It's really not that bad. We bought a brush called the furminator that has been a life saver! Before we got it, we were sweeping at least twice a day

Quoting 3PinkRibbons:

Quoting kzuehlk:

I cannot imagine the amount of hair you pick up every week!!!  Loove their names! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerpentsKiss
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

When I got my puppy, her name was Tipsy. I really didn't like that. The name Ruby kept coming to mind, so I named her Ruby.

LissieRun
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM
We named our cat buttercup cause when she was a kitten she melted like butter in our hands. And momma because of all the kittens she had.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Our dog Rex was a rescue, and had always been named Rex so we kept his name. Our hamsters names Gizmo and Chewy were picked by the boys and our female hamster is named Oreo simply because she is black, white, and black like an oreo cookie lol. Our fish blaze was named blaze because he is a bright red and orange color. So I figured it was a good fit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)