Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby bird pics NEWEST PICS babies are 19 and 20 days old

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 704 Total Views

Penelope yesterday...this is the Lutino

here she is this AM

unnamed baby yesterday( have no clue what sex this one is yet hence why no name)

this AM

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arigdon4
by Group Owner on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM
This.is really neat! Maybe make a single post and update it as they grow do we can see the progression?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sburst
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind of birds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM

They are cockateils...I know hard to see it now.  Hard to beleive in 2 weeks they will look like regular birds.  The one with the red eyes will be Lutino type don't know what the other one will look like yet

erinsmom1964
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

This morning...amazing how much they change in just a day

viv212
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Do you hand feed them? I'm still unsure if I should get a cockatiel, a conure, or a parrotlet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allycally
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
This is soo awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Today on the crest we see yellow pin feather emerge behind the grey.  This is a clue to what this bird will be.  It shows the bird is whats called pied we just don't know yet if it will be a visual pied or a split to which means it carries the pied gene but doesn't show it anywere else but the crest.  SO EXCITING!!

erinsmom1964
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Quoting viv212:

Do you hand feed them? I'm still unsure if I should get a cockatiel, a conure, or a parrotlet.

I am going to start hand feeding them on day 14.  Its best to let parents do it before then so they get the antibodies they need.  I had a sun conure for 20 years.  He was my baby. AWESOME birds.  The suns can be VERY LOUD and tend to favor one person or even one sex.  Parrotlets are very tiny at only about 4 inches BUT can be really aggressive..can be.  Cockatiels are a pretty easy bird and generally known for their friendliness especially if hand feed. 

laughingsqua125
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM

how old is the bird

erinsmom1964
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Quoting laughingsqua125:

how old is the bird

Today they are 9 and 10 days.  The Lutino( the yellow with the red eyes is 10 days today) 

^^^we named this one Riley as thats unisex and it seems from the pin feathers that emerged last night we definatley have a visual either Pied or pearled or maybe both.  You can see some are yellow some are grey and some seem yellow with white or gray tips.  

^^This is the Lutino Penelope.  We don't know if she will show any pearling yet but she will be yellow with no gray.  She surprised me by waddling off when I sat her down.  They grow so quickly at first it is amazing to watch for sure

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)