Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toilet training Multiple Cat

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 126 Total Views

So, I'm living with my mother temporaryily. There is 4 cats, 3 are mine and 1 is hers. There were 3 litterboxes in the house, I know I suppose to have more but its not going to work with there being 3 dogs eating out the boxes and leaving cat poop all over the house. So, I decided to toilet train them to use the toilet. So far, my F1 bengal, Koga, is doing wonderful. He poops right in the hole. My mother's Singapura is doing wonderfully as well. 

Best decision I ever made. I honestly hated cleaning 3 litterboxes. I spent about $60-80 in cat litter a month. My F3 bengal Talon pees like racing horse. I thought maybe he had diabetes but turns out he's fine. He has always peed alot. My F4 is the one having the hardest time. He hasn't gotten the position right so poop and pee sometimes is on the floor. But the awesome thing is the fact all I have to do is flush the toilet. 

by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ameraznkimko
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM
How long did it take to toilet train them? And which system did you use? I have 4 and would live to do it but I know for sure the oldest one might have problems..but whoo do I get tired of litter boxes!
DarcMystical86
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I bought the Litter Kwitter. It's great because it allows them to gradually transition into using the toilet. If anything goes wrong, you can move back a step. Also, it teaches them to position themselves on the toilet. It took a week for them to get to the amber stage. The trick is to move at their speed and always clean behind them to enforce the behavior.

Quoting ameraznkimko:

How long did it take to toilet train them? And which system did you use? I have 4 and would live to do it but I know for sure the oldest one might have problems..but whoo do I get tired of litter boxes!

shadenn766
ok, I cant get into any group...whats going on with this site?????, anybody else having trouble?
Yesterday at 11:37 AM
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM

wow, they actually use the toilet?

DarcMystical86
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
They use a system that teaches them to use the toilet. My F1 Bengal is the only one who figure how to pee and poo in the hole without help.

Quoting shadenn766:

shadenn766
ok, I cant get into any group...whats going on with this site?????, anybody else having trouble?
Yesterday at 11:37 AM
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

ok, thats kinda neat:)

Quoting DarcMystical86:

They use a system that teaches them to use the toilet. My F1 Bengal is the only one who figure how to pee and poo in the hole without help.

Quoting shadenn766:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)