Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anterior placenta

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 319 Total Views
I found out yesterday I have an anterior placenta, it's not near the cervix thankfully! I kind of thought I did due to not feeling movement as strongly as I thought I should. I know it's not a huge issue from what I've read online, and I did see some good info on the spinning babies site, but does anyone have any other experience with this? I want to be prepared as much as possible for labor. I plan on using a birthing center and at least laboring and possibly giving birth in a birthing tub, as long as I don't have to be induced. I go way overdue and have been induced with all 3 so far but don't use pain meds. I'll be using some herbal stuff the midwives are going to recommend starting at 35 weeks to try to get my body ready for labor. Any info is appreciated tho! Thanks!
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MyIslandGirls
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I hvae an Anterior Placenta this time as well.. this is my 4th pregnancy (i'll be 21 weeks tomorrow) and all my other pregnancies I've had prosterior placentas... so this is new. Mine is no where near my cervix either.

kierasmommy
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM
This is my second pregnancy and anterior as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mylovey
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM

With Finley I had an anterior placenta. Mine was located to the left. I didn't feel much movement until after 20 weeks. Sometimes I would get worried. Even toward the end there wasn't as much movement, though Fin was not super active in-utero. 

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

mama2gg
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I have one as well...I had one with DS was well too :)

Placenta placement doesn't matter was long as its not low or over cerivx even with csection having an anterior wasn't a big deal

Iam a VBAC now I asked OB if this would be an issue, she just laughed and said why would it lol...

So no , there is NO ISSUES what so ever with anterior placentas other then feeling movement much later , and weaker

Im 27.5 weeks and still only feel DD a few times a day and only REALLLLY low :)

crheinheimer
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:36 AM
It must be a lot more common than I knew- I hadn't heard anything about it until I started researching why I was not feeling movement very often. So glad to know those of you that had it had no problems! Thanks! And mylovely- your son is adorable!
louzannalady
by Group Owner on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM
It really is only an issue if you have had a previous c-section. You could develop placenta accretia more easily, than with the placenta else where.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Yeah even that's rare as it moves up in pregnancy I have a csection with anterior low and its still not near my scar :)

Quoting louzannalady:

It really is only an issue if you have had a previous c-section. You could develop placenta accretia more easily, than with the placenta else where.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Group Owner on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Cool beans!!!! : ) Very glad to hear that! : )

Quoting mama2gg:

Yeah even that's rare as it moves up in pregnancy I have a csection with anterior low and its still not near my scar :)

Quoting louzannalady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)