Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got a doula for my vbac

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 348 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I didnt think Id be able to find someone on my budget. I am so thankful and happy to have a doula work with us. And even better, my husband approves :):):)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louzannalady
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

*hug* Congrats!!!! : ) I am thrilled for you!!!! : ) Having a doula made a world of difference for my last birth! : ) 

mama2gg
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Awww how wonderful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM

A doula made all the difference in DH and I being successful in our Jan 7 VBAC.  Congrats on finding one to work with...

When are you due?  And do you mind sharing how much your doula costs?  (Ours worked with us free-of-charge, called in at the last moment by our RN, so I'm not sure the "going rate" for doula services).

WonderWomanSV
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I think they charge differently based on location and their experience. We're from a small town in southern IN. And she's fairly new. She's charging us $200. Which I think is excellent.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

A doula made all the difference in DH and I being successful in our Jan 7 VBAC.  Congrats on finding one to work with...

When are you due?  And do you mind sharing how much your doula costs?  (Ours worked with us free-of-charge, called in at the last moment by our RN, so I'm not sure the "going rate" for doula services).

mama2gg
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Wow that IS good they go from 800-2, 000 here

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

I think they charge differently based on location and their experience. We're from a small town in southern IN. And she's fairly new. She's charging us $200. Which I think is excellent.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WonderWomanSV
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Yeah, I got a great deal :)

Quoting mama2gg:

Wow that IS good they go from 800-2, 000 here

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

amesstobemade
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yay!! Happy for you =)

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Fantastic!!
rachelrothchild
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

:D

rfhsure
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

hooray!!! Doulas are so great! I lost all hope in finding one for the same reason and here we are, a week before my induction, and I found one in training whos willing to do it for free :) So happy for you! Hope everything goes well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)