Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new and looking for support

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 217 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hello, I am a newcomer to this group. I'm just hitting my 7th month of being pregnant, and looking for some fellow women with similar mindsets. I Don't want to be induced, I don't want clamps or a vaccuum used, I don't want to be forced to lay on my back during labor, I don't want an epidural, I don't want them to cut the cord before it stops pulsating, I don't want them circumsizing my sweet boy, I don't want him fed formula, and I don't want him vaccinated! Probably other things I'm just not thinking of at the moment too.. in other words, I want this to be a 100% natural experience and I only want medical intervention if baby is ACTUALLY at risk. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy for my decisions, but I have really done a lot of research and that is what I think is best for my baby. SO with all the people thinking I'm crazy, I'd like a few behind me that don't think so... So here I am =]

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello dear and welcome to the group! Good for you for making informed and educated choices that work for you and your family!

I'm lee I'm 32.3 weeks and due for an all natural vbac with all the same as you listed:) but I'm hhaving a girl lol

So have you made ur birth plan?
Are you giving birth at home?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

How does your practitioner feel about your decisions?  Are you working with a midwife or an OB?

lil_momma513
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

The OB I was seeing did not support my decisions, she was in support of everything opposite in fact, and not just with me- that is just how she is. she has a 40% c-section rate, and strongly pushes for vaccinations, I had to argue with her for 20 minutes when I went for my 16 week check up because she was trying to force me to get the MMR vaccine (pregnant) and I was NOT having it. I have an appointment in one week to speak with another one who was recommended to me as being "for naturals." I will be speaking with her about what I want when I go in. I have had a very normal pregnancy, with no complications or problems, so I don't feel that there should be a problem- it is more about finding an OB who supports my decisions. I WISH that I could have a home birth with a midwife, but that is not covered by my husbands insurance and I didn't have any money saved when I got pregnant. If all goes smoothly in the hospital this time, I will be sure to start saving for a home birth with midwife for my next baby- that's really what I want and it saddens me I can't have it this time. I am just hoping to find an OB who supports me with the little time I have left- and I know with everything I want that is very hard to find...

Quoting GoodyBrook:

How does your practitioner feel about your decisions?  Are you working with a midwife or an OB?

CafeMom Tickers
GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Quoting lil_momma513:

The OB I was seeing did not support my decisions, she was in support of everything opposite in fact, and not just with me- that is just how she is. she has a 40% c-section rate, and strongly pushes for vaccinations, I had to argue with her for 20 minutes when I went for my 16 week check up because she was trying to force me to get the MMR vaccine (pregnant) and I was NOT having it. I have an appointment in one week to speak with another one who was recommended to me as being "for naturals." I will be speaking with her about what I want when I go in. I have had a very normal pregnancy, with no complications or problems, so I don't feel that there should be a problem- it is more about finding an OB who supports my decisions. I WISH that I could have a home birth with a midwife, but that is not covered by my husbands insurance and I didn't have any money saved when I got pregnant. If all goes smoothly in the hospital this time, I will be sure to start saving for a home birth with midwife for my next baby- that's really what I want and it saddens me I can't have it this time. I am just hoping to find an OB who supports me with the little time I have left- and I know with everything I want that is very hard to find...

I don't even want to tell you how much medical debt we're in from our two pregnancies and births.  But I'm fine with making payments!  (It's not like they're going to repossess my children  since we didn't pay 100% immediately!)

LOTS of midwives are open to accepting payments, so you  might want to simply interview one and ask about it.  I think you'll be surprised!

MyIslandGirls
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM

you and I are very close due date wise. I am 25 weeks and 4 days today... with baby #4

I think the way you do... i actually want a Homebirth but i live fairly far away from a hospital and my midwife is not comfortable homebirthing me way out here. I am more than confident in UCing.. but hubby is not. So this will be my 4th hospital birth.

I am wanting to birth this baby in water, but we'll see what happens. I'm not super set on anything as my last birth went so fast that i barely made it to the hospital before the baby was born.

I don't expect any complications this time around.. all 3 of my previous births were smooth sailing, easy labours and births.. with a combined time of 8.5 hours.

Are you doing Delayed Cord Clamping with your birth? ( might have missed that in your post) I would recommend it... it's super good for baby!!

GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

you and I are very close due date wise. I am 25 weeks and 4 days today... with baby #4

I think the way you do... i actually want a Homebirth but i live fairly far away from a hospital and my midwife is not comfortable homebirthing me way out here. I am more than confident in UCing.. but hubby is not. So this will be my 4th hospital birth.

I am wanting to birth this baby in water, but we'll see what happens. I'm not super set on anything as my last birth went so fast that i barely made it to the hospital before the baby was born.

I don't expect any complications this time around.. all 3 of my previous births were smooth sailing, easy labours and births.. with a combined time of 8.5 hours.

Are you doing Delayed Cord Clamping with your birth? ( might have missed that in your post) I would recommend it... it's super good for baby!!

Delayed Cord Clamping led to my son being in NICU for "polycythemia" for a few days.  Knowing this, I'd still do it again even if I knew the results would be the same, but I do want you to know that there *can be* a small down-side to this practice.  (And this was only allowing it to pulse for 10 minutes!)

louzannalady
by Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I could have written this!!! My family thinks I am crazy for having this pregnancy group, that I question vaxes, that I don't circumcise and a million other parenting choices that I made! Even extended rear-facing my kids. You are not alone and you are wise to do your research- no matter where you fall on the spectrum on making the choices about vaxing, circumcising and so on. I love that women are becoming informed and learning about their bodies, their births and their children's health! : ) You are doing great, Momma!!!!!! : ) 

lil_momma513
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Awesome, always nice to have someone close to your due date to talk to!! =] I want a water birth too actually, I think that may be the only way I can stay off my back in a hospital, and I've heard it really helps with the pain, but I still have to talk to my new OB and see if thats a possibility for me!! I have heard of delayed cord clamping and was planning on talking to my OB about that as well! I've heard 1/3 of the babys blood is still in the cord after giving birth and waiting to cut the cord can cause jaundice..

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

lil_momma513
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

Delayed Cord Clamping led to my son being in NICU for "polycythemia" for a few days.  Knowing this, I'd still do it again even if I knew the results would be the same, but I do want you to know that there *can be* a small down-side to this practice.  (And this was only allowing it to pulse for 10 minutes!)

Thanks for sharing your experience, I DO like to take all things into consideration! =]

lil_momma513
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Well, I don't care what your family thinks, I'm SO glad you started this group!! =] I'm also glad to have a similar minded friend! You seem to have done alot of research as well so I'm looking forward to having someone to discuss things with! Also, what is extended rear-facing kids? Are you referring to car seats?

Quoting louzannalady:

I could have written this!!! My family thinks I am crazy for having this pregnancy group, that I question vaxes, that I don't circumcise and a million other parenting choices that I made! Even extended rear-facing my kids. You are not alone and you are wise to do your research- no matter where you fall on the spectrum on making the choices about vaxing, circumcising and so on. I love that women are becoming informed and learning about their bodies, their births and their children's health! : ) You are doing great, Momma!!!!!! : ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN