Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrified * updated in comments *

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 242 Total Views
Well, like the title says... I'm terrified. I'm 38w 4d with my third baby. I'm so scared of labor this time. theres a chance im going to need to be induced because of so many issues with this pregnancy. Im so scared that im going to end up having a c-section that I have regular nightmares about it. I know that as long as shes healthy that thats all that matter but I dont know how to not be a stressed out wreck. Therrs been so many problems with this pregnancy that I almost feel as though im going to hold it against her once shes here. Any advice would be great, I hope im not the only one who has gone through this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
louzannalady
by Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this

*hug* Sounds like you are going through a lot! When I feel stressed about something, I take the opportunity to learn everything I can about it. I hear you saying you have a fear that you may have a medically indicated induction and that you are worried it could lead to a c-section. HERE is a link with info on the various methods of induction, for your consideration. If you know that risks of each, you can make a decisions that will mitigate the risk of a c-section. A lot of the other ladies are wiser about the emotional aspects of these things. I tend to retreat into research mode when I feel afraid. So, I hope they can give you more support in those ways! *hug* I DO know that expressing this fear is good and will help! I am glad you have come here to talk about it! : ) 

mama2gg
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry I understand problems I'm very high risk and something is always going on..if you neee to talk I'm here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terpsichore
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm in a similar boat. I had preeclampsia last time but labor began naturally. Blood pressure kept climbing and maternal exhaustion set in after two days, so I got an epidural and pitocin, but avoided the c-section.

This is my second pregnancy, 19 weeks, and already my blood pressure is climbing. I really want to labor to begin naturally again, but I'm so afraid that I'll be scared into an induction. I'd be okay if an induction meant a higher chance of avoiding a c-section, but I don't know how to tell the difference between needing an induction and being scared into one.

I've never held it against my daughter that my birth was so difficult. It did take me a couple weeks to fall in love with her. I was too exhausted to hold her until about a half hour after birth.

krodden87
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm hoping it's just panic mode setting in. I had a dr. appointment yesterday and when they listened to her heart the dr didnt like how slow it was so they sent me for an emergency bp ultrasound. Apparently shes breathing ultra shallow, it was to the point I actually had to hold my breath for them to see hers. :-(
GoodyBrook
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Your stories sound so similar to mine!

Induced for pre-eclampsia at 39 weeks for DS1.  Led to c-section after 30 hours in labor, as mag sulfate and labetalol weren't controlling bp (192/126) and dialation wasn't happening.

Induced for Gestational Hypertension at 42.1 weeks with DS2.  (140/90).  No other signs of pre-e.  Labor and VBAC were normal.

Are you consulting with an OB who has experience dealing with high blood pressure?  If your doctor hasn't talked to you about doing so, I'd really recommend it!  There are things that you can start doing now in order to keep your bp under control, so it doesn't get out of control down the road... 

Quoting Terpsichore:

I'm in a similar boat. I had preeclampsia last time but labor began naturally. Blood pressure kept climbing and maternal exhaustion set in after two days, so I got an epidural and pitocin, but avoided the c-section.

This is my second pregnancy, 19 weeks, and already my blood pressure is climbing. I really want to labor to begin naturally again, but I'm so afraid that I'll be scared into an induction. I'd be okay if an induction meant a higher chance of avoiding a c-section, but I don't know how to tell the difference between needing an induction and being scared into one.

I've never held it against my daughter that my birth was so difficult. It did take me a couple weeks to fall in love with her. I was too exhausted to hold her until about a half hour after birth.

mama2gg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Soooo if she is in fetal distress did they take her?

Quoting krodden87:

Thanks everybody. I'm hoping it's just panic mode setting in. I had a dr. appointment yesterday and when they listened to her heart the dr didnt like how slow it was so they sent me for an emergency bp ultrasound. Apparently shes breathing ultra shallow, it was to the point I actually had to hold my breath for them to see hers. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krodden87
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM
No... And im ticked about it... Its not like shes super early. Im going to be 39 weeks tomorrow. I need to meet this girl and see for myself that shes ok before I will feel betfer.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting krodden87:

mama2gg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I wouldn't be upset babies don't "breath" till they come out and if it was TRUE distress they would have taken her for insurance reasons if they aren't worried you shouldn't be either :)

Quoting krodden87:

No... And im ticked about it... Its not like shes super early. Im going to be 39 weeks tomorrow. I need to meet this girl and see for myself that shes ok before I will feel betfer.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting krodden87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)