Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBA2C and Blood Thinners

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 278 Total Views

I have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome and need blood thinners during pregnancy. I was dumb and trusted a doc who didn't have my best interest at heart twice. I wound up with two c-sections because of it. I am doing tons of research on VBACs and turns out it is totally possible to VBAC while on blood thinners. Don't worry. The murderous rage I felt at being lied to (and the rage at myself for being dumb and not researching properly) passed and is now turned into a voracious need to research, find a different doctor, and prove everyone who thinks I can't birth naturally very wrong. 

Any links on VBACs to help my research is greatly appreciated...especially concerning VBAC and blood thinners. 

I am not currently pregnant, but we do NFP here so there is always a chance I'm charting wrong. Any help y'all can give will rock my world, I assure you :) 

TIA! 

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mama2gg
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Welcome to the group! I'm on lovenox and will be natural vbac

The things to be aware of that I know of are
1. You can't have epi on them within 24hours of last shot, so if u randomly go into labor then NO pain meds , I'm cool with that as I'm natural anyways

2. Blood thinners have ZERO impact on labor or delivery vaginal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
farmlovin
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'm not concerned about the epi. I'm going to do a natural vbac. Thanks for your response! :) 

Quoting mama2gg:

1. You can't have epi on them within 24hours of last shot, so if u randomly go into labor then NO pain meds , I'm cool with that as I'm natural anyways

mama2gg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Good for you!!! That's what I am doing as well 50 days till my due date woot!

Quoting farmlovin:

I'm not concerned about the epi. I'm going to do a natural vbac. Thanks for your response! :) 

Quoting mama2gg:

farmlovin
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

YAY! I'm not pregnant yet but we would like to be this summer or fall. We're doing our research now. Easier than when I'm all emotional and pregnant, lol.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting farmlovin:

Quoting mama2gg:

mama2gg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Very true and it IS possible my friend just had a hba3c

Quoting farmlovin:

YAY! I'm not pregnant yet but we would like to be this summer or fall. We're doing our research now. Easier than when I'm all emotional and pregnant, lol.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting farmlovin:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

BUMP!  (So a gal from another group can find this post...)

louzannalady
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I don't have a lot of info on VBAC and blood thinners or birth and blood thinners. But, I do have a couple of resources about VBAC's in general! I hope they help! *hug* 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17328192/To_VBAC_or_to_Repeat_C_section

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17206275/VBAC_resources_You_are_not_alone

ageel2012
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I am new to the group and so glad that I got refered here. This is a decision I am now facing as I have a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden Deficiency and I am on blood thinners (lovenox) for it. My OB is telling me that it's safer for me to have a c-section versus trying for a V-Bac. I want so badly to be able to at least try for a V-Bac. This is my 5th baby and I want to be able to actually bond with her like I was able to do with my older boys. With my last baby i was so drugged up from the c-section that I missed out on that opportuity and really only remember the event from photos that my dh was able to  secretely take. I don't want to miss out on this because of my disorder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)