• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does God give anyone a chance to believe after death?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 239 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Does God give anyone a chance to believe after death?

Luke 16:19–31

The unrepeatable reality of physical death leads directly to reaping what we sowed in this world. Jesus taught that in this parable of the rich man and Lazarus as well as when he spoke of dying in one’s sins as something dreadful (see Jn 8:21–23). Similarly, Paul taught that on judgment day, all will receive a destiny corresponding to their works (see Ro 2:5–16; 2Co 5:10 ; Gal 6:7–8). New Testament teaching is unified in viewing the dead and final judgment this way.

Scripture says nothing of God’s grace triggering postmortem conversions. Thus we may infer that an unbeliever’s lack of desire for Christ before the grave remains unchanged after the grave. God’s offer of salvation does not appear to extend beyond death.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jesusgirl76 Eva
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why I pray for everyone's salvation, people of past present and future
JavaLadybug2
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No!

THAT is the purpose of our life.. Regardless of if our live is 1 second long.. or 100 years! OUR PURPOSE is to decide what to do with this man named Jesus..

We  can accept him, reject him.. But not choosing or waiting too long is the same as not choosing him!

Debrowsky Debbie~Admin
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I do not think so, based on the scriptures we've read.  A person who really wants to be with God for eternity is who God is looking for on this side of heaven. 

rockinmomnwife
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I don't think so and the story of Lazarus proves it. I do not recall any scripture saying that they will have another chance. 

stephs5isenough
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Quoting rockinmomnwife:

I don't think so and the story of Lazarus proves it. I do not recall any scripture saying that they will have another chance. 

The Bible does make it quite clear that we have plenty of chances here on this earth.  Once we die, that is it.  We must choose in life.

We are Playing, Praying and Learning Together at:

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS.

Click my tag to follow me there.

mom1T2Ldh
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM

do you have to be baptized first my daughter passed away before we could get her baptized but she believed in God and his son Jesus at the age of 16 her God's light showed through her.

stephs5isenough
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mom1T2Ldh:

do you have to be baptized first my daughter passed away before we could get her baptized but she believed in God and his son Jesus at the age of 16 her God's light showed through her.

No.  What you must do is confess your sins and ask Jesus to come into your life.  Baptism is simply what God asks us to do as our first act of obedience after we accept Him into our lives.  It does, however, not save us. 

Remember the theif hanging on the cross next to Jesus.  He did not have a chance to be baptized because he was dying on the cross.  He did accept Jesus into his life and Jesus did tell him that he would be with HIM in Heaven.

Luke 23:39-43

New International Version (NIV)

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

We are Playing, Praying and Learning Together at:

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS.

Click my tag to follow me there.

mom1T2Ldh
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

ok that is great to know I always had that in the back of my mind and felt like i was a bad parent for not getting her baptized with water my mom always wanted to do that but my husband and i we beleive in Jesus and so did she it just showed but with everyone telling us we got to get her and our older daughter bapitzed it just seemed confusing when we knew in our heart we believed in Jesus and God and we confessed it people think that its more to do and  its that reason why my husband doesn't go to church but I do and I just want to learn more you know and get closer to God so i can get answers learn what He has instore for me and my family  thanks for the help it came on time:)

redheadstar Patricia~Admin
by on Jul. 24, 2016 at 8:44 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)