Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question??

Posted by (Patty) on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 221 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Where do you start to read and study the bible? I am starting my walk with God again.
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chrismisha Kim~Admin
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Try the Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. Learning about the life of Jesus always reminds me of what life is really all about. Happy Studying! 

reading

livingmydestiny Michelle
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM

How wonderful.  I agree this is a great place to start :) 

Quoting chrismisha:

Try the Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. Learning about the life of Jesus always reminds me of what life is really all about. Happy Studying! 

reading

foran
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree but i do like PSALMS and PROVERBS too happy studying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetnana1964
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I read the "One Year Bible" many years ago. It was so wonderful. It was set up so you could read the whole bible in one or three years. I think it is great you are starting a new walk with God and want to read the bible. Good luck to you

bow down

emily_29706
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I use a bible reading guide I got from a local radio station

stephs5isenough Stephanie
I think CafeMom just went screwy a few minutes ago. I started trying to reply to one of my posts that I've been working in all day then all of a sudden it wouldn't let me. Apparently I'm not a member of the group any more. Upon further investigation, I found that I apparently haven't joined any groups yet. Hmmmmm. Anyone else having sudden problems?
Yesterday at 6:10 PM
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting foran:

I agree but i do like PSALMS and PROVERBS too happy studying

Any place is good but I do agree with Melissa here.  The one that I recommend most is Proverbs.  That is a book that is good to read often, even monthly along with your other reading once you have read it through at least once.  The book of Proberbs has 31 chapters so one good way to do it is to just read whatever chapther corresponds with the date.  For example~Today is January 28 so you would read the 28th chapter and tomorrow the 29th chapter and so on.  After you have read it through once, then start another reading but keep doing the chapter of Proverbs each day just sometime during your day.

Click my tag to follow me to:

Living In the Arms of Jesus:

Where we PLAY, PRAY and LEARN Together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)