Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Message Monday~1/28 COME CHECK IT OUT

Posted by (Michelle) on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Message Monday

I am so excited!!  It's Message Monday. Here's a little about it.  The admins and I choose a video message every Monday to share with the group . Something that will minister to hearts, encourage and inspire us as women of God.  Each week will be something completely new.  After viewing the message we thought it would be a great idea to discuss it.  We are trying to find fun ways for us as a group to grow and to keep us encouraged. 

This weeks message is by Joyce Meyer titled Getting Your Day Started Right. I believe that if you get a chance to listen to this it will bless you:)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Plethorarosie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I have loved Joyce Meyer for years. Thank you for posting this message, as I believe I was supposed to hear it.  

I'm one of those people that she was talking about that stay up all night and go to bed in the a.m..  I haven't always been that way, only since my husband passed.  But I'm also one of the people she was talking about that wakes up and does nothing but waste time for about 2 hours.  I have gratitude for the things God gives me..especially the waking up part (this is one of my anxieties..that I won't wake up...or I'll die somehow during the day)!  However, I don't thank Him enough.  I don't spend enough time in the Word with God.  I have fallen short in so many ways.  

I'm confessing this because I'm honest enough to be able to tell the truth about myself, and my shortcomings.  But I also feel that this holds me accountable.  I felt conviction in my heart.  It isn't news to me that I need to do these things...I've known it for years...yet I've continued to fall short. I've continued to hurt God, and myself by not spending time with Him.  

I pray a lot throughout the day for others, yet when it comes to myself, I'm afraid to, because I might not like the answer (which is one of the things Joyce mentioned about herself).  So this makes me wonder if my prayers are somewhat ineffective because of the way I live my life. 

One of the reasons I accepted the offer of doing siggies, and being part of the group Administrators, is so I would be able to share some of my 'talent' with others.  I also said yes because I knew I would have to go into the scriptures to get ideas for the siggies.  It's a start.  I find it a privilege (sp?) to do it. Plus, I would be able to share my simple knowledge with others as I answer posts, because I relate to them...and it would also force me to look into God's word for answers too.  

I believe God led me to this group. I thank Him for leading me to this group, for without this group, I would still be constantly, and consistently, wasting my time...I wouldn't have seen this video...and I wouldn't have 'met' so many loving, and wonderful sisters in Christ.  I also thank Him for putting me into the hearts of the group Administrators to ask me to do this.

So in all of this, what I'm trying to say, is that I got a LOT out of this video, and I'm going to do my utmost to obey God by spending more time with Him in His word.  

livingmydestiny Michelle
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Rosie I'm so glad this message touched your heart.  Joyce always is teaching me something,lol.  Her teachings are simple and can be convicting but in a way that makes you want to go higher.  I love that she is also not afraid to put herself out there. I think you are making incredible progress in the area of growth.  Answering yes to what he is putting in front of you, refusing to stay in the same place, being willing to admit your struggles, and striving for more is all a sign of maturity.  I hope you continue to take these steps as I know they will bring you closer to Him and through this he will reveal to you his love in such an intimate way. 

Quoting Plethorarosie:

I have loved Joyce Meyer for years. Thank you for posting this message, as I believe I was supposed to hear it.  

I'm one of those people that she was talking about that stay up all night and go to bed in the a.m..  I haven't always been that way, only since my husband passed.  But I'm also one of the people she was talking about that wakes up and does nothing but waste time for about 2 hours.  I have gratitude for the things God gives me..especially the waking up part (this is one of my anxieties..that I won't wake up...or I'll die somehow during the day)!  However, I don't thank Him enough.  I don't spend enough time in the Word with God.  I have fallen short in so many ways.  

I'm confessing this because I'm honest enough to be able to tell the truth about myself, and my shortcomings.  But I also feel that this holds me accountable.  I felt conviction in my heart.  It isn't news to me that I need to do these things...I've known it for years...yet I've continued to fall short. I've continued to hurt God, and myself by not spending time with Him.  

I pray a lot throughout the day for others, yet when it comes to myself, I'm afraid to, because I might not like the answer (which is one of the things Joyce mentioned about herself).  So this makes me wonder if my prayers are somewhat ineffective because of the way I live my life. 

One of the reasons I accepted the offer of doing siggies, and being part of the group Administrators, is so I would be able to share some of my 'talent' with others.  I also said yes because I knew I would have to go into the scriptures to get ideas for the siggies.  It's a start.  I find it a privilege (sp?) to do it. Plus, I would be able to share my simple knowledge with others as I answer posts, because I relate to them...and it would also force me to look into God's word for answers too.  

I believe God led me to this group. I thank Him for leading me to this group, for without this group, I would still be constantly, and consistently, wasting my time...I wouldn't have seen this video...and I wouldn't have 'met' so many loving, and wonderful sisters in Christ.  I also thank Him for putting me into the hearts of the group Administrators to ask me to do this.

So in all of this, what I'm trying to say, is that I got a LOT out of this video, and I'm going to do my utmost to obey God by spending more time with Him in His word.  

Plethorarosie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Michelle.  I appreciate your words of encouragement. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)