Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you study?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 205 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I'm curious to know if it's just me. I don't think I know how to study the bible. When I sit and open it up, I'm not sure where to go, what to read. Am I to go in order of the books...it gets really confusing and I find myself not understanding anything within my newly translated bible that I specifically got for more understanding. LOL How do some of you study? I want a better relationship with Christ, knowledge, wisdom, understanding of His word. bible study

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
livingmydestiny Michelle
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I love that you are wanting to grow in a closer way with Christ.  I too am desiring this same thing.  This an area that I would love to improve in.  My best friend has been surrounded with these wonderful women of God who study Gods Word very deeply.  I'm heading up north to spend the summer with my family and will be taking time to study amongst these women. I'm really looking forward to the tools I believe I will receive during this time.  I have a study bible that I find really helpful called the Life Application Study Bible.  Although there has been times that I have also went in order of the books most of the time I jump from here to there.  Have you ever considered doing  a study of a word?  This is very helpful.  It gives you a fuller understanding of something rather then just focusing on one scripture you can dive into what does the bible say about this in its fullness.  Here is a link to a free bible study.  The great thing is you can print these off for free.  I have already created many booklets.  I really enjoy these and hope you will too. Just click on the link below :)

http://www.kjvhearthelps.com/freebibleresources.html

LKKOJ5
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Thank you so much Very helpful. I wish I had women to congregate with and study. I can never make bible study weekly at church so this helps so much. Thank  you and God bless. I'm clicking this link now! :)

Quoting livingmydestiny:

I love that you are wanting to grow in a closer way with Christ.  I too am desiring this same thing.  This an area that I would love to improve in.  My best friend has been surrounded with these wonderful women of God who study Gods Word very deeply.  I'm heading up north to spend the summer with my family and will be taking time to study amongst these women. I'm really looking forward to the tools I believe I will receive during this time.  I have a study bible that I find really helpful called the Life Application Study Bible.  Although there has been times that I have also went in order of the books most of the time I jump from here to there.  Have you ever considered doing  a study of a word?  This is very helpful.  It gives you a fuller understanding of something rather then just focusing on one scripture you can dive into what does the bible say about this in its fullness.  Here is a link to a free bible study.  The great thing is you can print these off for free.  I have already created many booklets.  I really enjoy these and hope you will too. Just click on the link below :)

http://www.kjvhearthelps.com/freebibleresources.html

Plethorarosie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I have this same problem.  I know that there are verses in the Bible that pertain to certain situations...but I usually end up paraphrasing it, and I very seldom know where to find it.  

I do have memory problems, but I'm wondering if there may be someone else that has this same problem (memory loss, and trouble with word recall) that has found a solution. 

Quoting LKKOJ5:

I'm curious to know if it's just me. I don't think I know how to study the bible. When I sit and open it up, I'm not sure where to go, what to read. Am I to go in order of the books...it gets really confusing and I find myself not understanding anything within my newly translated bible that I specifically got for more understanding. LOL How do some of you study? I want a better relationship with Christ, knowledge, wisdom, understanding of His word. bible study

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)