Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Praying and Waiting

Posted by (Stephanie) on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 96 Total Views

Presented by:  BibleGateway.com

Praying and Waiting

Habakkuk 2:1

Additional Scripture Readings: Psalm 130:5–7; Lamentations 3:24–26

There are so many ways in which God’s actions or inactions make little sense to us. We ask him for help, and he is silent. We trust in him to provide, and he withholds. But is God inconsistent, or is he simply running according to another time schedule, another set of priorities?

Habakkuk questions God’s plan to use the pagan nation of Babylon to discipline wayward Israel. He then settles in to wait for God’s answer: “I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint” (Habakkuk 2:1). Like a guard who waits through his watch with eyes peeled for a sign of movement, Habakkuk waited for God.

So must we. We must pray with a willingness to wait and wait with a willingness to pray. Waiting and praying go together. Like two shoes of a pair or two halves of a whole, they work as a team.

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ninamsi Nina~Admin
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:41 AM
I have found this to be true in my life. My husband joined our church about two years ago. I have attended church most of my life. I waited for God to lead him to a congregation where he could be used and feel comfortable. I left the church I belonged to and have joined the church where he joined. During the time of his refusing to join a church I prayed and waited. God oved in his time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Debrowsky Debbie~Admin
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

God's way of doing things can sure be a mystery at times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)