Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women Seeking God Jesus turned the word upside down with a woman

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 179 Total Views

This will be the last week on Mary of Magdalene, but we could definately take months to study all of her.  Have you ever thought, about Jesus going to Mary, a woman, first after the resurecction then the men?  In our society, it doesnt seem like a big deal men and women interact all the time.  But very rarely did they interact in biblical days.  Women were not judges or pharisees.  Why did Jesus choose a woman to see him first?  I would love to hear some of your theories as to why she was choosen. I would also like to hear how some of you think John and Peter respondedto her, when she told them Jesus was alive.

I am glad he did.  In a way this showed society women are much more then moms, and that we should be respected and listened to.  Jesus really did turn the world upside down, and he is still doing it.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Platinum_Mommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I mean I guess I just always figured that Jesus chose Mary Magdalene to see Him first because she had such a strong love for Him. 

belindah
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Good point.  Considering women were not held in exteem during that time period do you think the disciples believed her?

kathyw904
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I find this to be very interesting.  Maybe it was because God knows a womans heart.  He knows that women are tender, carring, loving.  After everything Jesus went through it makes sense that a kind gentle woman would be the first person to see him.

I think that she had a huge task ahead of her to get others to believe what she was telling them but I can see why she was there first.

I need to read more about this topic.

big smile mini

belindah
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Try reading a book called Mad Mary.  Extremely informative.  The last three weeks barely touched the surface of this lady.  She gave up her life for Jesus, not many people do that. 

Quoting kathyw904:urface

I find this to be very interesting.  Maybe it was because God knows a womans heart.  He knows that women are tender, carring, loving.  After everything Jesus went through it makes sense that a kind gentle woman would be the first person to see him.

I think that she had a huge task ahead of her to get others to believe what she was telling them but I can see why she was there first.

I need to read more about this topic.

big smile mini

Debrowsky Debbie~Admin
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I think He came to her because she pursued Him, by being there first to look for Him.  I've noticed He always responds to those who do.

belindah
by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Good point. Also note that John and Peter ran to tell the others about His body being gone, and she waited behind.  Faith rises as we wait upon Him.

Quoting Debrowsky:ody

I think He came to her because she pursued Him, by being there first to look for Him.  I've noticed He always responds to those who do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN