Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Catholic Priest said, "Baby goes to hell"

The words below are not my own,but from a sister in Christ,i thought this would be a great conversation.

What are your beliefs regarding babies dying and going to hell.

Please,no opinions and no debating.

So as im straightening up books in the library, i came across a book titled baptists beliefs. So i opened it and was skimming through the pages. I come upon the baptism chapter. The author tells of a story he encountered of a lady who's baby had died and she went to the police station for help because she was in hysterics. So the police station calls this author who was a pastor for the area. Well lady cried to him saying her baby had died and she called a priest for prayer over the baby. And the priest said its too late that the baby was in hell because she didn't get the child baptized. She said she didn't have the funds to do so. So the pastor calmed her down and shared with her how her baby was in heaven not hell in connection of Matthew 18:1-10. 
How dare a priest or anyone for that matter say children/babies go to hell for not being baptized!!!

How can a baby/child go to hell if he/she is too young for accountability?

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Replies (41-47):
redheadstar Patricia~Admin
by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 5:52 PM

One of the Persons who made that comment of Babies going to Hell,  was a supposed Minister in a Church...SMH

Quoting Ziva65: I agree with you. We left a church because if this teaching. It was a Lutheran Church. With all respect to my Lutheran and Catholic friends, I disagree with the teaching. They state that because of original sin, people go to hell unless they’re saved- and the only way to be saved is to be baptized. I do not believe that baptism is necessary for salvation as some in these churches teach. The priest then would need to stand right there at the moment of birth- seems quite illogical. Also contrary to believe and be baptized, as stated in the Bible. While I’m not opposed to infant baptism, o do think there’s a stronger biblical argument for baptism by immersion, once of the age/ mind to make that decision. As said by redhead star and other posters, I believe the children/ babies go to heaven. Christ said let the children come into me... have the faith of a child... I believe teaching otherwise is a false teaching and not biblical. How heartbreaking for these families to think their newborn is destined to hell if not baptized.
Quoting redheadstar:

I have NEVER, EVER read a verse in the Bible that would indicate Jesus condemning a Baby or small child to HELL,  SMH

(Sorry-  venting out---I saw a post on other Social media, Where Christians, are saying" Children go to Hell)

On Judgement Day,  How would a baby or small child give an account of their LIFE, if they cant comprehend right from wrong?

Ziva65
by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We attended a Lutheran Church the pastor said that too. They really believe that.

That is the last time I went to the Lutheran Church.

This minister had s child who was developmentally disabled, clearly told us people will go to hell if not baptized. So sad. Fear monger Ing people into compliance, with false doctrine. Abhorrent.

Quoting redheadstar:

One of the Persons who made that comment of Babies going to Hell,  was a supposed Minister in a Church...SMH

Quoting Ziva65: I agree with you.

We left a church because if this teaching. It was a Lutheran Church. With all respect to my Lutheran and Catholic friends, I disagree with the teaching. They state that because of original sin, people go to hell unless they�re saved- and the only way to be saved is to be baptized. I do not believe that baptism is necessary for salvation as some in these churches teach. The priest then would need to stand right there at the moment of birth- seems quite illogical. Also contrary to believe and be baptized, as stated in the Bible.

While I�m not opposed to infant baptism, o do think there�s a stronger biblical argument for baptism by immersion, once of the age/ mind to make that decision.

As said by redhead star and other posters, I believe the children/ babies go to heaven. Christ said let the children come into me... have the faith of a child...

I believe teaching otherwise is a false teaching and not biblical.

How heartbreaking for these families to think their newborn is destined to hell if not baptized.

Quoting redheadstar:

I have NEVER, EVER read a verse in the Bible that would indicate Jesus condemning a Baby or small child to HELL,  SMH

(Sorry-  venting out---I saw a post on other Social media, Where Christians, are saying" Children go to Hell)

On Judgement Day,  How would a baby or small child give an account of their LIFE, if they cant comprehend right from wrong?

redheadstar Patricia~Admin
by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

That is so sad!!  These People obviously dont understand the Mercy and compassionate of Our Lord. 

I used to post in a Catholic vs Protestant fb group and after 3 weeks, I had to leave it.. It got me sick of thinking how PPL rely more on Sacrements and rules on as a way of Salvation.

I have a mentally disabled son, and to hear ppl say "God would cast him into Hell, irritates me,

Quoting Ziva65: We attended a Lutheran Church the pastor said that too. They really believe that. That is the last time I went to the Lutheran Church. This minister had s child who was developmentally disabled, clearly told us people will go to hell if not baptized. So sad. Fear monger Ing people into compliance, with false doctrine. Abhorrent.
Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting Ziva65: I agree with you. We left a church because if this teaching. It was a Lutheran Church. With all respect to my Lutheran and Catholic friends, I disagree with the teaching. They state that because of original sin, people go to hell unless they�re saved- and the only way to be saved is to be baptized. I do not believe that baptism is necessary for salvation as some in these churches teach. The priest then would need to stand right there at the moment of birth- seems quite illogical. Also contrary to believe and be baptized, as stated in the Bible. While I�m not opposed to infant baptism, o do think there�s a stronger biblical argument for baptism by immersion, once of the age/ mind to make that decision. As said by redhead star and other posters, I believe the children/ babies go to heaven. Christ said let the children come into me... have the faith of a child... I believe teaching otherwise is a false teaching and not biblical. How heartbreaking for these families to think their newborn is destined to hell if not baptized.
Quoting redheadstar:

Ziva65
by on Dec. 31, 2017 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Agreed. I think many are greatly deceived.

I honestly used to think most Catholics were not Christians, because of teachings like this, not anymore. Now however, I think many Protestants aren’t either- but I do believe both Catholics and Protestants can be born again believers. I don’t believe all are, whether Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic or whatever. It’s not automatic, and if they just follow doctrine hook line and sinker its a problem.

I listen to a Catholic talk show sometimes called the broken halo, yes sacraments are the driver for many actions/ beliefs. Sad, there’s so much more that many are missing.

We visited Germany a few years ago, what struck my kids the most were the beggars in front of the. Cathedrals filled with gold. Sad.

Quoting redheadstar:

That is so sad!!  These People obviously dont understand the Mercy and compassionate of Our Lord. 

I used to post in a Catholic vs Protestant fb group and after 3 weeks, I had to leave it.. It got me sick of thinking how PPL rely more on Sacrements and rules on as a way of Salvation.

I have a mentally disabled son, and to hear ppl say "God would cast him into Hell, irritates me,

Quoting Ziva65: We attended a Lutheran Church the pastor said that too. They really believe that.

That is the last time I went to the Lutheran Church.

This minister had s child who was developmentally disabled, clearly told us people will go to hell if not baptized. So sad. Fear monger Ing people into compliance, with false doctrine. Abhorrent.

Quoting redheadstar:

Quoting Ziva65: I agree with you.

We left a church because if this teaching. It was a Lutheran Church. With all respect to my Lutheran and Catholic friends, I disagree with the teaching. They state that because of original sin, people go to hell unless they�re saved- and the only way to be saved is to be baptized. I do not believe that baptism is necessary for salvation as some in these churches teach. The priest then would need to stand right there at the moment of birth- seems quite illogical. Also contrary to believe and be baptized, as stated in the Bible.

While I�m not opposed to infant baptism, o do think there�s a stronger biblical argument for baptism by immersion, once of the age/ mind to make that decision.

As said by redhead star and other posters, I believe the children/ babies go to heaven. Christ said let the children come into me... have the faith of a child...

I believe teaching otherwise is a false teaching and not biblical.

How heartbreaking for these families to think their newborn is destined to hell if not baptized.

Quoting redheadstar:

Jethro178 Debbie
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not believe that a baby who has not been baptize will go to hell because of that. Nor do I believe that a young child will go to hell. 

Debrowsky Debbie~Admin
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  you made great points.

Quoting redheadstar:

Jethro178 Debbie
by on Feb. 2, 2018 at 5:33 PM

I do not believe that if a baby dies without being baptized they will go to hell. They are babies; I believe that they will go straight to the heaven. As well young children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)