Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS God asking you to get off line?

Posted by (Tonia) on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM
  • 30 Replies
  • 243 Total Views

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. ~~Just a thought I'd like to share.. this portion of scripture stuck out to me today.. "SITTETH IN THE SEAT OF THE SCORNER" Can you think of one place that the most SCORNFUL PEOPLE YOU KNOW SIT? I can... HERE ON FACEBOOK/CAFEMOM OR JUST THE INTERNET IN GENERAL! Sitting in front of the computers we tend to worship all day.. BTW.. God's word says.. BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT SITTETH NOT... IN THAT SEAT.. Ya.. That one hurts!~~

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingmydestiny Michelle
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that we need to be cautious in all that we do.  We need to be in communication with the Lord and evaluate what we do each day (comparing it to His word and being directed by the Holy Spirit).  I am not against facebook but the Lord layed on my heart to remove my account years ago because it was causing me to become distracted. (this is my personal journey) I thank the Lord that He told me this and that I listened.  I love being apart of this group and I am greatful for the fellowship and friendships I have here.  I dont think all online things are bad infact what a way to reach so many people for the glory of God but we must be cautious and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us in our activities.  Be willing today to ask the Lord is there anything that you are doing online that is displeasing to Him or do you need to cut back your internet time so that you can draw closer to Him.  I ask that the Lord will give all the women here guidance and may we be obedient.  Hugs to you all

Countess79 Tonia
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I admit this is my flaw.. I admit God's told me multiple times to get off cafemom.. and facebook..

Why haven't I? (actually I have multiple times.. But I have always come back.. and I know it's disobediance..) I miss the socialization.. the being able to share my opinions etc.. kwim?

I am struggling.. and know I really should walk away entirely..

But like you said.. I have had multiple great experiances here online... and in this group too..

But I know my internet usage is more like an addiction.. :(

Quoting livingmydestiny:

I agree that we need to be cautious in all that we do.  We need to be in communication with the Lord and evaluate what we do each day (comparing it to His word and being directed by the Holy Spirit).  I am not against facebook but the Lord layed on my heart to remove my account years ago because it was causing me to become distracted. (this is my personal journey) I thank the Lord that He told me this and that I listened.  I love being apart of this group and I am greatful for the fellowship and friendships I have here.  I dont think all online things are bad infact what a way to reach so many people for the glory of God but we must be cautious and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us in our activities.  Be willing today to ask the Lord is there anything that you are doing online that is displeasing to Him or do you need to cut back your internet time so that you can draw closer to Him.  I ask that the Lord will give all the women here guidance and may we be obedient.  Hugs to you all

livingmydestiny Michelle
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I want to tell you that it takes a lot to be brave and share your struggles.  Praise God for your openess.  (I just got a phone call my mom thought my kids didnt have school but they do and so I have to hurry and get them ready) but please know I am praying for you and that I will come back to write more to you my sister. 

hugs

Quoting Countess79:

I admit this is my flaw.. I admit God's told me multiple times to get off cafemom.. and facebook..

Why haven't I? (actually I have multiple times.. But I have always come back.. and I know it's disobediance..) I miss the socialization.. the being able to share my opinions etc.. kwim?

I am struggling.. and know I really should walk away entirely..

But like you said.. I have had multiple great experiances here online... and in this group too..

But I know my internet usage is more like an addiction.. :(

Quoting livingmydestiny:

msclover70
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Facebook is totally a gossip site but it started off as a social site. A lot of the times we takes something good and turn it bad. I love this group because we are like minded women fellowshiping in the name of Jesus. If it become a distraction then i know how to turn it off. Working in this world with people who do not think about God one bit it's nice to come to this forum and share and just converse. It's when it get out of fellowship with the Lord it becomes a problem.

livingmydestiny Michelle
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM
4 moms liked this

Sweet Tonia I am here to try to help you.  Lets dive into some scripture together.  Addiction can be an ugly thing but Freedom is even sweeter and we can have that in Jesus name.  I also ask that the Holy Spirit guide you and help you through this and may your heart be open to Him and may you be obedient to what the Lord lays on your heart.  Lord Jesus fill her with strength and discipline.  Help her to root out the junk and to only allow the things you have for her in her day her mind and heart.  In Jesus name amen.  ( As much as we enjoy fellowshipping with you sweet sister if the Lord tells you to get off cafemom completely then this is what we want for you.  We want whats best for you and we will not be selfish. Sometimes he may remove things for a season and sometimes things are just for a season.  Maybe he will still allow you to be apart of this group at the present moment.  So we ask that the Lord give you clarity on how to go about this.  Thank you Jesus) I will share the scriptures in the next reply :)

redheadstar Patricia~Admin
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as you got your ducks in order  and your are not negelecting personal duties or joining the bandwagon of no good, then going on a social network like CM or Facebook is not an issue, besides I believe God can use us to plant seeds and encourage others of his word.

Countess79 Tonia
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Quoting redheadstar:

As long as you got your ducks in order  and your are not negelecting personal duties or joining the bandwagon of no good, then going on a social network like CM or Facebook is not an issue, besides I believe God can use us to plant seeds and encourage others of his word.

Trust me my ducks are in chaos..:(

livingmydestiny Michelle
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:55 AM

1 Corinthians 6:12

You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.

Galatians 5:16

So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 Corinthians 10:13

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

James 4:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Ephesians 6:10-18

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we[a] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[b] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[c] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.[d]

redheadstar Patricia~Admin
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Sorry to hear that.  Prayers for You. 

Quoting Countess79:

Quoting redheadstar:

Countess79 Tonia
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM

When I say I am addicted.. this is several years.. 

But the reason is no one I know really likes me. they won't talk with me.. even the friends I am closest to.. I only see at church. No one really wants to be around me. Family and friends alike. 

I have bi-polor and ptsd. Which makes me sometimes behave extremely erratic. I am much better than I used to be.. However I still have emotional outbursts and many people just don't care enough to see past the behaviors they deem inappropriate to see the WHY.. Behind it..

And so these sites as pathetic as it is.. are my source of friendships.. Do you know how pathetic it is to have to tell strangers about important things in your life because the people you love.. or who are supposed to love you.. don't!

And I know I spend too much time here.. and facebook.. But when I get more compliments and prayers here.. than in real life.. HOW CAN I TURN LOOSE OF THAT?

Quoting redheadstar:

Sorry to hear that.  Prayers for You. 

Quoting Countess79:

Quoting redheadstar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)