Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

Hello ladies,

I am in need of a few great suggestions of some books to read;

I have read all the twilight books (about 3 times), the hunger games (2times) Fifty Shades books, and other romance books from harlequin.

I love to read and am in need of a few great books. Any advice would be helpful

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by Meg on Sep. 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM
My favorite series of all time is the earth childrens series by jean auel the first book is clan of the cave bear.

I have read all the series you said and this is still my favorite.

Also the book called The Host.....by stephanie myers that was another great book

Ummm...i like romance books too my fav authors are linda lael miller, jillian hart, robyn carr and debbie macomber....there are others just cant think of their names
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Sarah on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Hmmmm...are you a member of goodreads.com?  I get a lot of my book suggestions through them.

I don't read a lot of romance books so I don't have suggestions in that department. Is there any other type of books you really like?

One of my favorite series is The Stephanie Plum series. They are pretty light reads, but they literally make me laugh out loud. I love the Harry Potter books.  The hunger games books are one of my favs. I've read those twice too, but I'm constantly itching to read them again! I'll think of more...probably when I'm on the verge of falling asleep. ;)

PoehlerBear1983
by Meg on Sep. 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM
OMG! I cant believe i forgot the stephanie plum series. I love those books they are hilarious!

Quoting Sarahb21:

Hmmmm...are you a member of goodreads.com?  I get a lot of my book suggestions through them.

I don't read a lot of romance books so I don't have suggestions in that department. Is there any other type of books you really like?

One of my favorite series is The Stephanie Plum series. They are pretty light reads, but they literally make me laugh out loud. I love the Harry Potter books.  The hunger games books are one of my favs. I've read those twice too, but I'm constantly itching to read them again! I'll think of more...probably when I'm on the verge of falling asleep. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamisMommysGirl
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I am reading The Help and I love it

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
not sure...im not big on books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM
They are! I can't say many books make me laugh out loud, but those ones definitely do. In some pays I laughed until I was crying. I guess there is a movie being made that is based on the books?

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

OMG! I cant believe i forgot the stephanie plum series. I love those books they are hilarious!

Quoting Sarahb21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Meg on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Yeah one for the money is already out. I havent seen it yet though. I would laugh til i was almost crying and trey was always like what the heck is wrong with you???? I just love the grandma she is awesome

Quoting Sarahb21:

They are! I can't say many books make me laugh out loud, but those ones definitely do. In some pays I laughed until I was crying. I guess there is a movie being made that is based on the books?

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Quoting Sarahb21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM
What? How did I miss that? Shows how much I pay attention to movies. the grandma cracks me up. There is such a crazy mix of, well, crazy characters.

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Yeah one for the money is already out. I havent seen it yet though. I would laugh til i was almost crying and trey was always like what the heck is wrong with you???? I just love the grandma she is awesome

Quoting Sarahb21:

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Quoting Sarahb21:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Bumping this since I don't read a lot.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

KristinRox
by Queen Bee on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I read the first book... in the "hush hush" series.. it was a pretty good book, and now im onto the second book. 

Ive also heard a new series with the first book "divergent" is a really good series. I just bought this book, and im kind of excited to dive into it once im done the hush hush series. ive been told divergent is kind of like hunger games, but different. 

JOIN US ON:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)