Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby dr appt!! I was scared!! *LONG*

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 142 Total Views

So just updating everyone on mr. Gavyn. :) His heartbeat was at 148 today and I gained 3 lbs.!! 

He did give me a little scare though. I told the dr. he hasn't been moving as much and I am measuring SMALLER than I should be...(I really only feel him the most at night... and I STILL don't know what measuring smaller  means because when I asked the dr told me he was just checking everything next week...and the nurse said the same) so he sent me down to labor and delivery to do a non stress test. They hooked me up to the monitors and he moved alot after having 2 glasses of ice water. 

The nurses told me that I had to eat and drink more. I have been eating and drinking! I don't know how much more I can lol. I have been drinking bottled water though and the nurse told me to drink out of a straw and glass because he responds to that because he can hear me drinking (which i didnt know but thats kinda cool) 

I did have one contraction while I was in there but that was it.(Now I feel like I have been having alot since I have been home) The nurse told me that 1 contraction is ok we just dont want them coming every 10 mins..

My dr. is giving me an u/s next tuesday to check his weight and my fluid level. I'll keep everyone updated after next week

**MY KAMI IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!**
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Aww Brittany hugs I can imagine how scared you are/were. The contractions now might be braxton hicks. I had them around the same time as you are now pregnant all the way up until I gave birth. That's kinda cute the baby can hear you drink. 

BeachMommy07
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM

What did Travis say about your appt. or have you not told him yet?

KamisMommysGirl
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I haven't told him yet because he doesn't get cell service at work so I have to wait until he gets home...he will probably be scared though too. He already thinks that gavyn is going to come early

Quoting BeachMommy07:

BeachMommy07
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Oh no :( My dr. thought I was going to be early too (@35 weeks but I delivered at 37). Prayers Brittany.

Quoting KamisMommysGirl:

I haven't told him yet because he doesn't get cell service at work so I have to wait until he gets home...he will probably be scared though too. He already thinks that gavyn is going to come early

Quoting BeachMommy07:

KamisMommysGirl
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

thanks dear! ill let everyone know what happens next tuesday after my u/s 

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Oh no :( My dr. thought I was going to be early too (@35 weeks but I delivered at 37). Prayers Brittany.

Quoting KamisMommysGirl:

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Rushn311
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM

When I was pregnant with Conner I was freaking too because there was a point in time when he was so active, then he slowed down considerably. The nurse told me lay on my left side I believe, and count how many times I felt movement. And yes, being dehydrated can make slower movements too. Glad that everything is good. Let us know how your appt goes on Tuesday.

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
aw. i'm glad he's ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Awww! I'm glad he was moving for you. Did they check your cervix at all while you were there? I can't wait to hear about your U/S next week.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

KamisMommysGirl
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:09 AM

No they didn't check me at all. i want them too...just because i have been having BH contractions...i am going to get them too tuesday though just for my own peace of mind

Quoting dusky_rose:

Awww! I'm glad he was moving for you. Did they check your cervix at all while you were there? I can't wait to hear about your U/S next week.

KamisMommysGirl
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I will :)

Quoting Rushn311:

When I was pregnant with Conner I was freaking too because there was a point in time when he was so active, then he slowed down considerably. The nurse told me lay on my left side I believe, and count how many times I felt movement. And yes, being dehydrated can make slower movements too. Glad that everything is good. Let us know how your appt goes on Tuesday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)