Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Canada 150 .. How Will You Celebrate?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:25 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 62 Total Views

The big day is less than a month away! So I want to know ... how are you going to celebrate?  How are your plans shaping up for this momentus occassion?

Related image

by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PrincessAsmommy
by Jeanny - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2017 at 2:32 PM

We had great plans to celebrate with friends and take in some of the monster party the city is having. However my mother found a way to wreck our plans so we're rethinking. I still intend to try and step things up from our usual Canada Day shennanigans I just have to be a little more creative and work around some extra people and a wedding that we aren't invited to.

canadianmom1974
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:13 PM
I am going to the home opener in the Roughriders new stadium!!!!! I can't wait!

My youngest will be with my sister, I'm not sure what they'll be up to, and I don't know what the older two have planned.
PrincessAsmommy
by Jeanny - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:50 PM

How did you get lucky enough to land those tickets?  That is going to be an awesome game in an increadible new stadium .. and with any luck they'll actually win!

Quoting canadianmom1974: I am going to the home opener in the Roughriders new stadium!!!!! I can't wait! My youngest will be with my sister, I'm not sure what they'll be up to, and I don't know what the older two have planned.

canadianmom1974
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 5:57 PM
My friend was able to on Ticketmaster as they went on sale and scored 4 tickets! We're super excited, between it being the home opener, the inaugural season in the new Mosaic Stadium, and Canada's 150, it should be a great event!!

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

How did you get lucky enough to land those tickets?  That is going to be an awesome game in an increadible new stadium .. and with any luck they'll actually win!

Quoting canadianmom1974: I am going to the home opener in the Roughriders new stadium!!!!! I can't wait!

My youngest will be with my sister, I'm not sure what they'll be up to, and I don't know what the older two have planned.

PrincessAsmommy
by Jeanny - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:32 PM

I've never been to a Riders game but someday I want to! Ideally it would be the home opener or the Labor Day Classic.

Quoting canadianmom1974: My friend was able to on Ticketmaster as they went on sale and scored 4 tickets! We're super excited, between it being the home opener, the inaugural season in the new Mosaic Stadium, and Canada's 150, it should be a great event!!
Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Quoting canadianmom1974: I am going to the home opener in the Roughriders new stadium!!!!! I can't wait! My youngest will be with my sister, I'm not sure what they'll be up to, and I don't know what the older two have planned.

luvnature
by Suzie - Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2017 at 6:56 PM

Don't know yet what we will be doing. 

canadianmom1974
by Member on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:59 PM

When I was a teenager I used to go with my grandpa who had season tickets. Now I live in MB, so I don't get to many games in Regina, but my husband and I went to the Labour Day Classic two years ago, and I've been to the last two Banjo Bowls, third one coming up.  

Those games were always fun because he was a Bomber fan while I'm a Rider fan. We had a lot of good natured trash talking going on. We even made the kiss-cam three years ago at a game.

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

I've never been to a Riders game but someday I want to! Ideally it would be the home opener or the Labor Day Classic.

Quoting canadianmom1974: My friend was able to on Ticketmaster as they went on sale and scored 4 tickets! We're super excited, between it being the home opener, the inaugural season in the new Mosaic Stadium, and Canada's 150, it should be a great event!!
Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)