Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Group: Introduce yourself and your pooches here.

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 480 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Tell me about yourself and your dogs.

I have a dream that one day I will be judged not by my appearance but by the content of my character  -Martin Luther King Jr

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybear2009
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Im Kimberly and I live in Illinois. I dont have a dog yet. I just want to know what type of dog is good Right now I live in an apartment complex and they have a weight and breed restrictions.

Dominosmommy
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Welcome to the group Kimberly. Are there any breeds that you are interested in at the moment?

Quoting mommybear2009:

Im Kimberly and I live in Illinois. I dont have a dog yet. I just want to know what type of dog is good Right now I live in an apartment complex and they have a weight and breed restrictions.

saphiraka
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi I'm mom to 4 doggy fur babies.  Have Sassy a minpin-chiuhaha mix who is 9 years old, she is black and tan like a min pin but otherwise looks like a applehead chiuhaha.  Her son Simon is about 6 months old and is also the same cross breed.  He is such a rotten little stink that adores his stuffed cat, he will play with that thing for hours at a time.  We also have Simon's daddy Spike who is a black and tank minpin chihuaha mix.  None of these guys are over 6 lbs. And we have an outside girl name Samantha (Sam) that is our guard dog.  She is great at letting us know if someone is around.  She has a sweet, kind of dopey disposition.  She is a boxer german shepherd mix.  SHe has the kind of hyper, Which way did he go George, boxer type exuberance.    My family is blessed with wonderful kids both human and animal.

marshsmom
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a volunteer for a local rescue and I do occasional independant rescues.  I own 3 rescued dogs:

Tucker - mixed breed adopted as a puppy from the SPCA

Tulip - A bloodhound, she was a death row dog at a gassing facility

Mitzi - A papillon, Rescued from a high kill shelter, her owners surrendered her to be PTS, but that never happened :)

I also have 2 adopted cats.

My foster babies are a senior black lab, a 2 year old bassador and my most recent a pitty saved from death row the day she was to be destroyed.  She is an independant, as no rescues would pull her.  You can learn more about her here:  http://www.facebook.com/eviesjourney

I also have a group here on CafeMom!  See my siggy for a link!

NJMommy473
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I am Melanie. I have a Rotty x Pit Bull mix named Bruno

nekoXfishie
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Genevieve. i have one 5-month-old mix-breed puppy (we're unsure what breed he is, but we think he's a pit bull-golden retreiver mix) named Remus.

tkp003
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi I'm Tacie and I have two dachshunds. One is my Hurricane Ike baby I rescued her after Ike hit in the Houston Area. Her original owners abandoned her at the shelter and never returned. The other was just too cute to leave behind lol.  

Mrs.H15
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm Meagan. I have a pit boxer mix, a German shepherd hound mix and an Australian shepherd red heeled mix. : )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRi
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello!

I have an awesome Harli great Dane named Vash the Stampede. He's pretty much ALL the awesome in the universe :)

witchybabymomma
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I currently don't have any dogs just my 12 yr old cat named Tiger

I am on the search for my newest pooch baby. Have been in contact with a few rescues over the last couple of months looking for a Bull Terrier (not to be confused with a Pit Bull thoughI like them too :-) ) Am really excited and anxious waiting for the right one to come along LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)