Everyone knows Peeps, those overwhelmingly sweet little marshmellow critters that appear every Spring in the grocery store. Put your leftover Peeps to good use this Ostara, and make them into a delicious ambrosia salad! For the most colorful results, use yellow or pink Peeps.
- 1 pkg of 12 marshmellow Peeps (chicks or bunnies)
- 2 cans mandarin oranges
- 2 cans pineapple tidbits
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 2 chopped bananas
- 2 C. shredded coconut flakes
- 1 16-oz tub cottage cheese
- 1 8-oz tub of Cool Whip or other dessert topping
Dice the Peeps into small pieces. Drain the juices from all the fruit. Mix all ingredients together, and allow to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. Serve as dessert following your Ostara celebration.